American Tradition in Annapolis, August 2

BD was kinda meh.

HAHAH JUST KIDDING. Their ensemble sound was unreal and unmatched. Guard had some unfortunate drops, streamer sabers still look dirty, but man that hornline and drum line can PLAY. Easily the loudest of the night... So far (go Cadets?)

• Like 2

Tarpless. They're still doing the motions for it though so it seems they're keeping it.

The show works so well together. The weirdness of the dance made sense in the flow for the first time for me tonight. The ballad is stunning. Just wonderfully played and staged.

• Like 2

Were they tarp, or tarpless?

There is so much speculation and rumor about that darn tarp!

what happened?

GH "borrowed" them. As he was making his get-away, the tarps got caught in Boston's windmills and were shredded!

Edited by Barneveld
  • Like 2

GH "borrowed" them. As he was making his get-away, the tarps got caught in Boston's windmills and were shredded!

Thank goodness we have facts and not rumors spread on the internet!

Thanks Barneveld! :guinesssmilie:

From BD's FB page: People have been asking what happened to our our ocean at the beginning of "As Dreams Are Made On" in Atlanta - we believe it was probably stolen that day. But - Winter Guard Tarps to the rescue with a new one on it's way. Hopefully arriving by the end of the week. We appreciate the AMAZING support from Winter Guard Tarps to produce our backdrops and ocean tarp. #bdworld http://winterguardtarps.com

• Like 1

Cadets. Good lord that battery. The power of the front end of the show is amazing. The show just loses steam in the end as there's not really enough variation in intensity going on. I sort of ran into "impact fatigue" watching it.

• Like 2

All this crap about tarps kinda irks me. I love BD, and they do use that tarp effectively, but I still don't like new things. Even Crown's various fabrics last year, while used effectively I guess, was still just some BOA BS from a decade ago.

• Like 2

BD was kinda meh.

HAHAH JUST KIDDING. Their ensemble sound was unreal and unmatched. Guard had some unfortunate drops, streamer sabers still look dirty, but man that hornline and drum line can PLAY. Easily the loudest of the night... So far (go Cadets?)

Sh, stop being so positive!

Didn't you get the memo!