Champions in Chester, August 4 2016

I will be there!!! Should be a great night weather wise and an awesome lineup!! See everyone Thursday along the river!!

......and the bridge. What bridge is that anyway?

......and the bridge. What bridge is that anyway?

The Commodore Barry Bridge is a cantilever bridge that spans the Delaware River from Chester, Pennsylvania to Bridgeport, in Logan Township, New Jersey, USA. It is named after the American Revolutionary War hero and Philadelphia resident John Barry.

It says it's been open since 1974

• Like 1

The Commodore Barry Bridge is a cantilever bridge that spans the Delaware River from Chester, Pennsylvania to Bridgeport, in Logan Township, New Jersey, USA. It is named after the American Revolutionary War hero and Philadelphia resident John Barry.

Oh THAT'S the Commodore Barry Bridge. I wrote a paper about him in college.

Also, to the people that have never seen a show here, I'm sorry. Truly an amazing and beautiful venue

The sound within this stadium is absolutely fantastic.

• Like 1

It opened when I was a junior at Chester High School. I remember that bridge getting built. Prior to that, we took a ferry across the river to go to Jersey.

Crossmen trivia: The Crossmen had their very first practice just 4 1/2 miles from this stadium in the Fall of 1974 when members of the 507 Hornets Drum Corps and and Keystone Regiment decided to merge. The practice was at a parking lot at Boeing. My father was a Boeing employee and got permission to use the parking lot in the evening. That location was the Crossmen practice facility for the early years of the corps and was affectionately referred to as "Boeing Beach" because we all got our tans there.

It's great for the old alumni to have Crossmen in this show. Many still live in Delaware County.

• Like 1

Bringing ~40 people by bus to cheer on the Cadets (and I guess the other corps too ... )

I heard that Owen had a fan club but this is impressive.

40 x a tin of homemade cookies each should do him well for the remainder of tour.

Edited by xandandl

Thanks! I hope they give themselves lots of time to get to Chester...driving south through Philly at rush hour can be awful.

They are old pros. Remember Coates was director of Crossmen there before he pitched them to Texas.

Lately Crown has been renting Franklin Field at UPenn for a practice day during the week of (West) Chester and Allentown.

Crownies are even getting good at spelling Schuylkill while they snack on their Tastycakes. Putting mustard on pretzels may be the tipping point.

• Like 2

It is named after the American Revolutionary War hero and Philadelphia resident John Barry.

Who became a composer of some beautiful scores. One favorite is "Dancing With Wolves" which his estate sold to Kevin Costner.