Champions in Chester, August 4 2016

In some previous years, hasn't SCV put out public videos about where the yell is or isn't? They seem to be speaking to a larger group than a self contained alumni group.

Honestly, this is the first I've ever heard this, so it is just very strange to me. I would like a second of third source to confirm it before I believe it to be true. That said, I do believe it is true that that's what someone told you. Not doubting you, just your source =P

A brass instructor at the time who was an alum and did work in the admin.

I don't know of any time when the corps made a public statement of when the yell was. I do know there are several years when their director(s) publicly stated that the yelling (not always done at the same time, even in the same show) was a distraction from the beauty of the show.

I don't doubt that some traditions change over time. But those changes come from within the organization not because wannabees like to pretend their part of the alumni or organization.

Edited by xandandl

A brass instructor at the time who was an alum and did work in the admin.

I don't know of any time when the corps made a public statement of when the yell was. I do know there are several years when their director(s) publicly stated that the yelling (not always done at the same time, even in the same show) was a distraction from the beauty of the show.

I don't doubt that some traditions change over time. But those changes come from within the organization not because wannabees like to pretend their part of the alumni or organization.

I can't remember the yell happening before 2003, other than 1999 and 1994 (in the finals recordings). Are you saying those were just alums?

If SCV doesn't have the best mellophone section in Drum Corps this season, then it sure as heck is close to being so, imo.

They sure stuck out at times last night as really really good!! Bluecoats also has solid mello's too!!

• Like 1

Eh. 2 of the 4 shows in front of them are not a "lot stronger"

One has very obvious structure and GE issues but is performed much cleaner and has a much better guard. The other ahead of them only jumped ahead while Cadets changed their program for 3 weeks straight . And only by a point.

Cadets have a much better show on the field now and deserved a relook by many, including the judges.

Agreed. I think some of the GE spreads are ridiculous honestly. Some of the above posters are such Cadet haters (ex marchers, ex staff-something causing the absolute hate) I don't even read their posts. They could win with a 100 and these guys would find major issues that were overlooked by judges.Anyway, a rebuilding year for Cadets with a new viz team that took a bit too much time out of gate to get program together BUT cleaning up nicely and can still grab 4th I'm praying. The show is solid now IMO. Edited by Tobias

I can't remember the yell happening before 2003, other than 1999 and 1994 (in the finals recordings). Are you saying those were just alums?

I am not an expert on West Coast yells whether at Pasadena or any show the SCV appear.

Just responding to those who want to interject themselves into some one else's work.

I2u0ANM.png

BITD, Both Crown and Cadets would be closer to the corps above them. It's the subjective GE once again (numbers that are so opinion based), that are separating these corps from the ones above them.

So, I see the borg has been released

As well as the Negative Nancys.

ANYWAY....

I LOVED the show last night. Every corps impressed me. CROSSMEN, WOW! That first hit woke me up and I almost dropped my chicken strips on the ground. I don't really have time to post a long review, but I will say that EVERY CORPS was great last night and I am surely looking forward to going to finals next week.

Talen Stadium sealed the deal as to why no matter where I get stationed along the east coast, I WILL ALWAYS go to that stadium to see a drum corps show.

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1

As well as the Negative Nancys.

ANYWAY....

I LOVED the show last night. Every corps impressed me. CROSSMEN, WOW! That first hit woke me up and I almost dropped my chicken strips on the ground. I don't really have time to post a long review, but I will say that EVERY CORPS was great last night and I am surely looking forward to going to finals next week.

Talen Stadium sealed the deal as to why no matter where I get stationed along the east coast, I WILL ALWAYS go to that stadium to see a drum corps show.

Yep, Madcow drops in occasionally to drop one and leaves. Glad to hear your positive impression of the Cadet's steady improvement and MORE importantly, you were injury free!
  • Like 1

Every corps impressed me. CROSSMEN, WOW! That first hit woke me up and I almost dropped my chicken strips on the ground.

Agree--best Crossmen show since 2012, easily. And on "home turf" essentially.

• Like 1