Champions in Chester, August 4 2016

What is the meaning of this?? Didn't Blue Knights jump ahead of Phantom just this past weekend??

Where do the Blue Stars fit in now??

Going to be interesting next weekend. These groups of 3s could end up anywhere. 1-3, 4-6,7-9,10-12. Going to be interesting and exciting.

No one will beat Coats in GE at finals. You've got to beat them in visual and essentially tie music. Crown could do it. BD also, but imo opinion that's the path.

BD hasn't lost the visual caption yet this season iirc, so they could pull a draw with Coats and the GE caption. BDs problem is the percussion section, which seems odd to say, but it might be what costs them the gold in the end.

BD hasn't lost the visual caption yet this season iirc, so they could pull a draw with Coats and the GE caption. BDs problem is the percussion section, which seems odd to say, but it might be what costs them the gold in the end.

I'd offer that their guard isn't as good as usual. Not that they're bad, just not as outstanding like past guards.

BC was over BD in visual in Warrensburg by 0.1. But that's the only I see.

Great show last night! Bluecoats were fantastic as well as Crown! I pretty much liked every show. Cadets were very impressive. The colorguard was WAY better than what I remember from last year. They also had a big sound. Can't believe their GE scores are that much lower than some of those at the top. SCV was great too but I think I liked the Cadets package a little better. Can't wait for Allentown tonight.

P.S. Rain/thunderstorms, please stay away tomorrow night. :-)

Edited by sched88

I thought the balance was good tonight.

It...wasn't. Sustained low-end synth notes (remind me what instrument that's supposed to resemble again?) just as loud as the hornline, but not blended with it (acoustically impossible).

Dont you think that if this is an actual issue to the organization, that they would have issued a statement about it? Or have alums give people dirty looks if they did it if they weren't actual alums?

You're deriving your information off of one person when common sense seems to be pointing in the other direction. But it's fine, I can settle this simply by asking a current member about it.

I'm not an expert on SCV traditions although I did know Gayle Royer personally and have done some work for the corps when they have come East some seasons.

My understanding is that the tradition began only for alums and was extended to family along the way. Bandos, fans, and hangers-on interjected themselves into the tradition.

In fact when Royer was succeeded by subsequent directors the was an effort to quelch the yelling all together. Jeff Fiedler even made a public statement in his comments about the show that season that the corps was silencing the yell because it distracted from the beauty of the show, wannabees were yelling it at different times, and it was soon losing the special place it held for the corps. Other seasons have not built in the yell as well. Because the corps doesn't negate it by public statement presently doesn't negate it's history or tradition.

In fact, the person who told me was not only an alum but a member of both their brass faculty and admin at the time (2005).

You are imposing a strange philosophy that goes like this in analysis: "This is what I/we fan(s) do, who are you to tell us otherwise. This is how I experience it so therefore it must be true because my experience is the basis of all reality and no reality exists apart or before my experience." Psychologists term that narcissism. There is no I or me in either corps or Vanguard. Please reflect, not react.

If SCV doesn't have the best mellophone section in Drum Corps this season, then it sure as heck is close to being so, imo.