Champions in Chester, August 4 2016

Yep, Madcow drops in occasionally to drop one and leaves. Glad to hear your positive impression of the Cadet's steady improvement and MORE importantly, you were injury free!

Well, I wouldn't go that far. I was running across the street on the way to my car after the show, and I tripped on an eroded concrete sidewalk.

Well, I wouldn't go that far. I was running across the street on the way to my car after the show, and I tripped on an eroded concrete sidewalk.

How did you get through a 2 summers with Cadets? I got pneumonia one season (82) i think. Only missed one week. Youth is so great. Oh no, it was a collapsed lung! Edited by Tobias

How did you get through a 2 summers with Cadets? I got pneumonia one season (82) i think. Only missed one week. Youth is so great. Oh no, it was a collapsed lung!

My first year in Cadets was traumatic. I wasn't quite used to how hard they practiced and how fast the drill was, so there were multiple times where I passed out (especially in Texas). I still remember Matt Harloff standing over me pouring water on my face.

• Like 1

Oh, sorry, I see my post about some of the borg was misunderstood; I’ll get on board

I agree, the judges need new eyes. I condemn all the judges who are too blind to see the awesomeness of a show that went through massive re-write and is making history !!!!!

Oh, sorry, I see my post about some of the borg was misunderstood; Ill get on board

I agree, the judges need new eyes. I condemn all the judges who are too blind to see the awesomeness of a show that went through massive re-write and is making history !!!!!

Critics are viewed more credible when their views are balanced. Your Cadets comments are always... not positive, regardless of the year. We KNOW their design is flawed and my comments are they've made huge strides in the right direction (design and performance)with a vehicle that required major rewrites. We aren't even considering they will medal at this point, just that they are as Cadet like as possible by INDY and maybe move up to 4 rather than down to 6.

My first year in Cadets was traumatic. I wasn't quite used to how hard they practiced and how fast the drill was, so there were multiple times where I passed out (especially in Texas). I still remember Matt Harloff standing over me pouring water on my face.

That's funny.

Oh, sorry, I see my post about some of the borg was misunderstood; I’ll get on board

I'll jump on your train as well:

Cadets show was absolutely horrible. I cannot understand how they have even made finals in the past few years. I mean, really, why are they even a drum corps? They shouldn't even be on this planet.

Its about time you took the proper approach. :cool:

• Like 1

So, I am always excited to hear feedback from first-time attendees or those who have a little exposure to the activity, so I was interested in what my group of newbees had to say about last night. Generally wowed by the excellence being achieved, but the show they all enjoyed most (although they had to leave early and missed SCV and Cadets) was Bluecoats. And the one they all liked the least: Madison. And the Blue Knights drew praise for their great use of costuming and color. Oh, and one person felt that Phantom had the best sound of the night. I thought it interesting that their selections lined up with the judging -- except for the Phantom sound. Not sure they would have been placed first in brass. But, they did sound better than I was expecting. Any way, random thoughts . . .

• Like 1

The acoustic qualities are great between the 45s. But whew. Once you cross the 40 it's really weird. I'm not sure I want to watch another show in there. Lots of ring that killed releases.

I respectfully disagree...but I was sitting on the 50..literally...IMO Phantom Regiment had the best release of the night..it gave me goosebumps...