CYO Nationals Tribute show. Quincy, Ma.

So how about those judges...... Am I right?

What judges?

Let me just say (as has already been stated) that I find it absolutely ridiculous that there is a partial panel at this point in the season. Prelims is ONE WEEK AWAY! There hasn't been a partial panel in about a month, since around July 4th area, and it is August 4th. So...yeah...I'm just going to ignore these scores. I'll wait to see what happens Friday/Saturday in Allentown.

Let's face it, good that the corps got some critique and comments about their performances and the crowd enjoyed the show... but these scores have nothing to do with two days ago or this weekend. This late in the season, you can only factor in full panel scores.

• Like 1

Let's face it, good that the corps got some critique and comments about their performances and the crowd enjoyed the show... but these scores have nothing to do with two days ago or this weekend. This late in the season, you can only factor in full panel scores.

I think we've all pretty much agreed on here for a few years now that halfazz sized judging panels are an abomination embarassment to the activity, and should never be allowed, whether its the middle of June or the middle of August. But, what was once unthinkable ( halfazz size panels with some combination of missing Drums, Bugles, Color Guard, etc judges) is now the norm. So of course there is skepticism in the scores from these types of panels. Its regrettable, as it diminishes the 110% efforts all the performers of the Corps made in the competition, to be met with less than a 50% effort on the part of the adults in charge of permitting such a halfazz endeavor in scoring their efforts.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

The kids did a great job last night (as well as all the other corps). BAC Changes/ layering that have been put in over the past few weeks seem to be have a good effect. Note: These kids just completed doing a tour in bad conditions (FL,TX, south, 100+ etc) heat that was 120+ on the field. If you look at the scoring changes. BAC has not had the big jumps in scoring as the rest ( Scoring been slow in rising.) BAC has been there many times before if anyone knows how to do it BAC doses. ( They must be giants). Keep up the great work and perseverance Boston.

• Like 2

Scores tonight don't matter. Scores matter Saturday.

Scores don't matter per se'. Spreads don't matter all that much either. Position/placement matters. And I don't think we'll have a complete picture this weekend either. The split of corps at each Allentown show will still lead some questions as again these are 2 separate shows and we all know, or should know, you can't get a true apples to apples comparison between corps on two different performance nights. Cots, Troopers, Academy, Madison are on Friday night. OC, Boston, Crossmen, Blue Stars are on Saturday night. The debate will continue although maybe with a touch more finals placements coming into view. But still time for "surges", but not much time. Fasten your seat belts. This is exciting stuff. What a year.
  • Like 1

I think you're not Yoda.

And so what if the Kentucky show was 3 weeks ago or yesterday? The show still hasn't progressed that far for that big of a jump. I seen the show via Periscope a few days ago. Still not worthy of that jump.

What you did not see is the guard layering that was put in to the show last night along with a few other thing. More to come.

• Like 1

I figured that there would be some furor over the scores, which did seem a bit high, but not outrageously high. Regarding BAC, most of the information I get is from loyal fans who are alums and volunteers. Last night I spoke with a staff member who told me about the practices in West Roxbury. Everyone worked tirelessly, progress was made, and the kids themselves were doing the pushing. More than a few alums were at practices and did not realize how young many of the kids were, and spoke of the leadership of many of the veterans. As someone who loves hearing about role models and peer leadership. I still want a bit more volume, but I left last night feeling my hopes they will make finals is not the quixotic dream of a longtime fan. They have work to do.

Academy is hungry, we're due for a new corps to make finals, and I enjoy the corps. Last week Madison got a scare and they won't give anything away. I do not expect Crossmen to fall nor do I want it to happen. Troopers catch corps off guard, especially in Indy, as do Colts. It will be a slugfest, but I think BAC will be in the thick of things.

Off to Allentown!

Explain to me how I started this, since my post was originally based on my opinion on BAC?

I will offer that you had a bit of an overreaction to Brasso's response to your reliance on periscope to tell you everything you needed, to form an opinion on Boston's improvement. You then challenged Brasso to make it personal which is not where it was headed. And on your last comments I got a sense of sarcasm on your end about Boston's "HUGE" strides. Boston has made improvements. The bump they got MAY have been inflated. Maybe not. As other corps were improving score wise Boston was stuck at 78 for about 3 shows. Would that mean they were NOT improving at all? I think not. I think Boston's score in Annapolis was a possible score correction. Quincy a bit high for their home show, but everyone seemed to have been scored high at that show. Overall, please relax a bit no need to get that upset. There is only a week left. we'll know soon enough where everyone lands.
  • Like 3

The kids did a great job last night (as well as all the other corps). BAC Changes/ layering that have been put in over the past few weeks seem to be have a good effect. Note: These kids just completed doing a tour in bad conditions (FL,TX, south, 100+ etc) heat that was 120+ on the field. If you look at the scoring changes. BAC has not had the big jumps in scoring as the rest ( Scoring been slow in rising.) BAC has been there many times before if anyone knows how to do it BAC doses. ( They must be giants). Keep up the great work and perseverance Boston.

I am happy to hear about the changes. I don't necessarily buy the explanation that they are coming out of a difficult tour in bad )hot) conditions. There were a LOT of corps touring the same region with the same conditions. IN fact, with the staff Boston has and the way the org & tour is structured, Boston may have had les difficulties than other corps. There were a lot of corps improving and now it looks like it is time for Boston to get the scoring increases. It may all be coming together and as Tim K mentioned, the corps is young. That may be the factor in a long time delay in the show fully coming together. I have faith in this group.