DCI Eastern Classic - Friday Aug 5 2016

The BD girls in the full length aqua dresses - their hair "swishes" are not together. How is that scored? Or is is scored? Are they supposed to have the head rolls (hair) together?

That's a sizable gap between Troop and Madison. Academy tops them both though.

• Like 1

Man, you are watching (hearing) a different show than I am. Those trumpets are SCREAMING and the crowd live can hear it and they RESPOND to it. I think the screamers are a BIG part of why 'Coats are winning music.

Yeah I guess. It's definitely a loud, full sound - but it isn't dirty or raw, and that's what the song makes me want.

I don't mind mic'ed soloists... But for Bloo this year it feels like the soloists hold back and go for the more relaxed and balanced sound rather than exerting themselves, since they're mic'ed. It's too polite. I wanna feel like the veins in the soloists' foreheads are gonna burst, not like they're holding back.

Remember, these are Bb trumpets, not G bugles. It's easier to get a good sound out of these and a helluva lot harder to go climbing up the staff. The higher you went on those bugles, the more the overtones took effect and it sounded like you were shooting a lung out the bell!

• Like 4

Absolutely. It's a feeder corps that caters to kids that don't want to tour, at least not yet. It's just a different way to approach the problem.

OH SCHNITZEL!

The BD girls in the full length aqua dresses - their hair "swishes" are not together. How is that scored? Or is is scored? Are they supposed to have the head rolls (hair) together?

It's probably hurting their score.