DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PRELIMS - 8/11/16

Loving the drill design but I'm seeing some dirt in the straight lines without recovery. May hurt SCV's visual scores.

Ha! The guard threw their rifles so that it zig zagged in toss height!

I realized this on Monday in Massillon. Those are actually lightning bolts, not rifles. Genius!

Cadets performed the hell out of that show.

That show still makes zero sense. Why do they kill the statue? What are the violin and horn soloists supposed to represent?

Also, guard dance choreography REALLY stood out in a bad way. They awkwardly prance around and do some ragtime moves in the middle of this show and that makes no sense either.

Again, amazing kids playing and marching their butts off, but the design is a big mess and holding them back.

Early season it seemed to be actual statues becoming human be fighintg it out. Now it seems to be an inner struggle between being a statue and the desire to be a human represented by the figures but not literally so...with being human winning out. That's my take anyway

Here come the autumn skirts. Guard design this year is amazing for Vanguard.

And this bari solo makes me want to weep happy tears.

Such a great buildup by the brass into this hit! Add to it the visual of the guard in the autumn leaf skirts and the explosion of color as they move. Wow.

This on field percussion judge is terrible, I have yet to see a show today that he hasn't gotten in someone's way. And he's always dancing around instead of intentionally getting out of the way.

He's one of the best in the business currently. He might not be up to date with M&M changes.

Guard now wearing blue tops to accentuate it is now winter. Horns lying down in snowflake patterns. Tenors throwing down.

Trumpets SOLID on the Winter melody.

• Like 1