DCI World Championships Semifinals - 8/1215

"So, we're gonna make you wear a hoop skirt that looks like a lampshade AND make you carry a lamp on a pole for the entire show

"I'm in."

Someone mentioned that while the role was concielved from the start for a guard member, when another one was injured they swapped her into the lamp lady part so she could continue to march this season.

Go sabers! Running toss over a guard member held up by two other guard members, catching on the other side.

Someone mentioned that while the role was concielved from the start for a guard member, when another one was injured they swapped her into the lamp lady part so she could continue to march this season.

Kind of like Mr. Moto in '06 Vanguard.
  • Like 1

Can somebody confirm to me that Lamp Lady's hoop skirt is now lit up and that's not just the stadium lighting reflecting off her costume?

Awesome flags in the guard. Yellow, red, purple, all complimenting the color scheme of the corps and the show.

Not a fan of that show either :)

And BTW -- my comment was just paraphrasing a well known saying about conversational topics to avoid in polite company. You need to get out more :)

I teach religious studies in higher ed for a living. I know the phrase and disagree with it. I think it's part of why people know jack crap about the wide array of how various religious are actually lived out and makes us easier targets for ... Wait for it .... Propaganda!

;)

• Like 2

Huge sound from the corps to finish the main part of the show. Now we all lie down and go to sleep, perchance to dream.

Awesome flags in the guard. Yellow, red, purple, all complimenting the color scheme of the corps and the show.

Agreed, and they are really doing some "traditional" corps drill very, very well.