Madison Scouts 2017

The crowd sure seemed to enjoy it in Allentown.......

Again, they've done an amazing job of committing to this as performers and cleaning the hell out of it.  Some moments that REALLY shine now too, that ending is absolutely nuclear.  I love Mandarins, but I think the Scouts just said not this year.  

• Like 2

Way to kill it Madison Scouts! Most entertaining show of the season! #stepoutofthebox #securedyourspotinthefinals #waytoprovethehaterswrong

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

Again, they've done an amazing job of committing to this as performers and cleaning the hell out of it.  Some moments that REALLY shine now too, that ending is absolutely nuclear.  I love Mandarins, but I think the Scouts just said not this year.  

Well said and totally agree!

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Agreed. Scott Boerma sat right behind me tonight, and after they were done I simply shook his hand and said "Thank You."

I can't believe Mandarins were beating this in San Antonio. They're having a great year, but Madison is at another level. With last night's Stars/Phantom spread, it'll be interesting to see where the Crossmen and, yes, the Scouts fit into the 9-12 picture going to Indy.

• Like 4

We go from in your face of Madison to the sublime of Blue Knights, what impresses me is the drill and how they keep the colors separate but also blend them so well. Great brass moments too.

I will not nitpick Cadets show. Crowd loved it, but to me the choir seemed off and much of the show struck me as a mess. There are additions that help and a few deletions that are changes for the better. 

Boston Crusaders just finished. Crowd loved it and for good reason. They sell it well. I love that the vocal soloist can hit such high notes and sing above the brass. For those who accused BAC of hype, the hype is justified!

I love the injection of humor in Cavies show, the "My Way" finale, and swagger. I was surprised to hear bits of "Close Encounters." I thought John Williams never granted rights to his music.

Sorry, I did not realize I posted comments about DCI East in this thread. Not trying to hijack, I must have hit the wrong topic.