2017 PREDICTIONS!

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I didn't name anyone, I just remember bringing up the guard staging at the end of Roxanne and people not liking what I said.  

Considering they won guard and were 2/3 with BD all of championships in GE it obviously didn't matter a ton.  

It bothered a number of visual judges who never let it go all season.

40 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Not everyone would buy into the "flashback" explanation of the stage putting time in reverse just to pick up the saloon door.  In fact the stagecoach was too far back stage the entire show which meant that the flag feature was staged between the hashes too far to the right.  And all those decisions spawned from the decision to make the coach one-sided. :doh: 

35 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

agreed - I personally felt the visual design (especially the drill) so the talent of the corps short - and the staging left some incredible moments lost out in left field

18 minutes ago, corpsband said:

The thing the bothered me about it was that it was easy to foresee before the first set was taught.  If the coach has been finished on both sides,  it would have been trivial to route it differently.  But they committed to never making a turn by making it one-sided.  

17 minutes ago, corpsband said:

It bothered a number of visual judges who never let it go all season.

I find it truly AMAZING that posters are NOW criticizing Crowns VISUAL decisions for 2016...let's see...hmmmmm...they WON both the John Brazale Best Visual Performance Award AND the George Zingali Best Color Guard Award...my GAWD that stage coach STAGING was utterly AWFUL...too much nit-picking on such small trivial things IMO...you folks need to QUIT while you are still ahead...SAD!

• Like 2

Bottom line.. the big picture here.., the Visual/ Guard, Show Design staff at Carolina Crown was there for the years that had them move up from 12-15th place to winning a DCI Title and to medaling other recent seasons. Will the shake up in CC's Guard/ Visual Show Design not play into this season's show and placement ?. Sure, maybe CC moves UP this season with the staff shakeup. Thats certainly possible too. Maybe the Visuals/ Guard will be as stellar as we have come to expect from a CC Corps. Maybe the CC crowd pleasing shows quotients we have come to expect from CC equals or surpasses the recent years crowd pleasing shows too. Also, quite possible. Nobody knows. Thats why this summer is so intriguing, as its been a long,  LONG,  time, since there was such a staff turnover of key show designers among the top 6 DCI Corps in one season, such as with Carolina Crown & Cadets of this past Fall/ Winter.

Edited by BRASSO

2 hours ago, Liahona said:

I find it truly AMAZING that posters are NOW criticizing Crowns VISUAL decisions for 2016...let's see...hmmmmm...they WON both the John Brazale Best Visual Performance Award AND the George Zingali Best Color Guard Award...my GAWD that stage coach STAGING was utterly AWFUL...too much nit-picking on such small trivial things IMO...you folks need to QUIT while you are still ahead...SAD!

Not sure what's got you upset -- I think it's clear that we're talking about the difference between 3rd overall and 1st overall.  It's a given that 3rd place is an outstanding result.  We're just talking about the elements that kept them from moving up further. 

As for the stagecoach -- I think the all the other issues flow from the staging of the coach.  Nothing new here and not something Crown didn't hear all season on tapes I'm sure. 

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Not sure what's got you upset -- I think it's clear that we're talking about the difference between 3rd overall and 1st overall.  It's a given that 3rd place is an outstanding result.  We're just talking about the elements that kept them from moving up further. 

As for the stagecoach -- I think the all the other issues flow from the staging of the coach.  Nothing new here and not something Crown didn't hear all season on tapes I'm sure. 

What's a tape?  :whip:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Agreed. Similar to the way too heavy to move Cadets boxes in 2013. Bad design and they were written into the drill to hide all kinds of equipment etc in and it ended up causing a lot of design decisions that kept a good show and corps from having a true shot at winning. 

2 hours ago, Liahona said:

You know...I want to disagree...but youre right...sooooo.....hmmmmm......SAD!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Agreed. Similar to the way too heavy to move Cadets boxes in 2013. Bad design and they were written into the drill to hide all kinds of equipment etc in and it ended up causing a lot of design decisions that kept a good show and corps from having a true shot at winning. 

Hiding guard equipment is a bad decision IMO...look at the issues boston even had with those windmills...same thing IMO

• Like 1