2017 Boston Crusaders

On 7/26/2017 at 5:26 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

On what date this year will Boston first score 90 pts. or better?

Finals this year is Aug. 12. Here is when that happened in previous years:

2000 -- Aug. 10 = two days before Finals

2002 -- Jul. 31 = eleven days before Finals

2003 -- Aug. 7 = two days before Finals

2004 -- Aug. 5 = two days before Finals

2009 -- Aug. 2 = six days before Finals

2010 -- Aug. 8 = six days before Finals (final score was below 90)

2011 -- Aug. 11 = two days before Finals

2013 -- Aug. 9 = one day before Finals

(I see a number of years where they broke 89 only to fall back a point or two before all was done.)

Your choices are July 26 (minus 18), July 27 (-17), July 29 (-15), July 31 (-13), Aug. 3 (-9), Aug. 5 (-7), Aug. 6 (-6), Aug. 7 (-5), Aug. 10 (-2), Aug. 11 (-1), and Aug. 12 (-0).

My guess is Aug. 3 -- expecting that they just miss improving on 2002 in this regard, in part because of the four-day gap after July 31.

Here's hoping that not only will I have guessed right, but that they don't just surpass 90 but smash it.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to let you know that I finally have my blog – Along the Mill Brook – ­up and working. This morning I am running away with the drum corps again. I am on my way to Clifton, NJ to meet up with the Boston Crusaders and see the show for the first time as a fan from the 50-yard line. I received a lot of positive comments about my story about volunteering for the corps for their first four shows in June – I Ran Away with the Drum Corps.  Many have encouraged me to write more. It is my plan to have a daily post as I attend six shows leading up to the championships, so check back again soon. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the show in Lawrence because I will be in Chester, PA to see what the other boys and girls are up to. It should prove to be an awesome homecoming for the corps that has been away working so hard all summer. Give them a lot of love!

http://www.alongthemillbrook.com/2017/07/30/im-running-away-with-the-drum-corps-part-ii/

• Like 6

I guess we will see if the Boston  GE and Vis scores get adjusted up were they should be.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Den8uml said:

Cadets just jumped over BAC while they were off today.  Have to hit it hard tomorrow and Thursday to get back in it!  Caveliers also pulled further away with a very nice score tonight.  

Well Cadets received a higher point assessment than Boston has as yet.  But without Boston being in the show, one really can't claim they jumped over them.  As much as "you can't compare scores from different shows", neither can you claim someone has passed someone else who wasn't at the same show.  In fact Boston wasn't in a show last night.  We'll know better tonight.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Well Cadets received a higher point assessment than Boston has as yet.  But without Boston being in the show, one really can't claim they jumped over them.  As much as "you can't compare scores from different shows", neither can you claim someone has passed someone else who wasn't at the same show.  In fact Boston wasn't in a show last night.  We'll know better tonight.

Yes, I agree BUT it still matters. The current running tally as of right now shows Cadets ahead despite BAC being off yesterday.  Hopefully we see that change as of today!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Here's hoping that not only will I have guessed right, but that they don't just surpass 90 but smash it.

Looks like you just might have nailed the date or pretty darn close to it, N.E. Brigand. Could happen tonite in Clifton, N.J., which would have you just 24 hours off... or maybe tomorrow nite's show competition when Boston finally returns to New England since they moved out from Spring Move Ins Camp.

Edited by BRASSO

42 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

Yes, I agree BUT it still matters. The current running tally as of right now shows Cadets ahead despite BAC being off yesterday.  Hopefully we see that change as of today!

No it really doesn't matter; and believe me there is no small amount of posters here who will tell you over and over again, score comparisons such as that mean nothing.  At this point of the season especially, head to head competition is the truer measure.  We will know more tonight and again on Saturday in Allentown when Cadets, Cavies and Boston are all together and go on one after another.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Looks like you just might have nailed the date or pretty darn close to it, N.E. Brigand. Could happen tonite in Clifton, N.J., which would have you just 24 hours off... or maybe tomorrow nite's show competition when Boston finally returns to New England since they moved out from Spring Move Ins Camp.

If a neg score for BAC happen tonight all hell will break lose.

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Looks like you just might have nailed the date or pretty darn close to it, N.E. Brigand. Could happen tonight in Clifton, N.J., which would have you just 24 hours off... or maybe tomorrow night's show competition when Boston finally returns to New England since they moved out from Spring Move-Ins Camp.

Wait, what? Somehow I missed the Clifton show when compiling that list, which was a big oversight. Sorry about that.

So I just arrived a few minutes ago at BAC's practice site and it atarts to pour hard...I see the corps leave the field and head inside...perfect timing on my part...NOT!

• Like 2