2017 Boston Crusaders

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Boston's fans and alums should feel a sense of optimism for the season, imo. Morale is high,  excellent instruction is taking place at camps, marchers are very receptive to such quality of instruction, progress on the show is developing at a good and steady pace. The music I've heard at camps has a good chance, imo, to be become audience friendly, while simultaneously sufficiently intricate & demanding. The music will be intense, emotional, & passionate for marchers, judges and fans alike, imo. There is very good chemistry being developed among all elements of the Corps at the moment. You can readily see this. I know all this is not saying much with specifics ( my choice ), but keep the faith. This staff ( and Mgt. ) appears to have a solid game plan... not just for this season, but for the long haul. The building blocks to Building A Champion ( BAC ) are meticulously and expertly being put in place at all levels of the Corps for this season and beyond now, imo.

I agree that BAC is planning for long term competitive and organizational success. Actual rankings are difficult to predict. Many corps have solid membership and staff (SCV put together a dream team years ago and still haven't medaled let alone won in many years) so that "perfect formula" is more than just accumulating staff. Crown=stellar brass, Bluecoats=modernized drum corps so what unique style will the new Boston Crusaders present that wows the green shirts that pushes them up the food chain? Cadets did it in the 80s, Crown did it starting in 2008 and Bloo in 2014. Looking forward to seeing their debut!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, corpsband said:

Well their staff is gonna teach the new Bloo guard so ...

Greg has been doing Bloo and did SCV. I don't really know the rest of the cast..

1 hour ago, Tobias said:

Greg has been doing Bloo and did SCV. I don't really know the rest of the cast..

Jon Vanderkolff - most recently Madison, before that Blast!, Star, and many more

Jim Moore - worked with many including Crown, Madison, SCV, Blast!, etc...

Carol Abohatab - with SCV for a long time. Emerald Marquis, many others

It's a big league list of names.  I can't imagine they'd all do Bloo and SCV so I'd guess SCV will be looking.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Jon Vanderkolff - most recently Madison, before that Blast!, Star, and many more

It's a big league list of names.  I can't imagine they'd all do Bloo and SCV so I'd guess SCV will be looking.

Jon and Jim are already at Bloo. Carol I don't know but I guess she's making the move east.

15 hours ago, Tobias said:

I agree that BAC is planning for long term competitive and organizational success. Actual rankings are difficult to predict. Many corps have solid membership and staff (SCV put together a dream team years ago and still haven't medaled let alone won in many years) so that "perfect formula" is more than just accumulating staff.

No doubt about it, Tobias. Even Corps that lose long time staffs that brought them multiple medals & championships we can not say with any degree of assurance that such Corps will suffer placement slide either. Its quite possible such Corps weather that period of transition quite well, perhaps even solidifying their elite position, placement wise. Anything is possible. Thats what makes these things so intriguing. The unknowable does have an appealing aspect to it, imo.  Nothing is guaranteed. Sometimes the greatest motivator to superior levels of success is when others tell you you are not worthy, or seem incapable of such greatness . This applies to EVERY  Corps, and to ALL their chosen staffs, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, corpsband said:

Always interesting how you leave Cadets off

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BRASSO said:

No doubt about it, Tobias. Even Corps that lose long time staffs that brought them multiple medals & championships we can not say with any degree of assurance that such Corps will suffer placement slide either. Its quite possible such Corps weather that period of transition quite well, perhaps even solidifying their elite position, placement wise. Anything is possible. Thats what makes these things so intriguing. The unknowable does have an appealing aspect to it, imo.  Nothing is guaranteed. Sometimes the greatest motivator to superior levels of success is when others tell you you are not worthy, or seem incapable of such greatness . This applies to EVERY  Corps, and to ALL their chosen staffs, imo.

My point is all a corps can do is have a thoughtful plan and execute it. Not a gaurantee of competitive success but certainly the prudent way to lead a corps. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Always interesting how you leave Cadets off

Well I'm sure at least one of the above marched Cadets. Cadetland is certainly a fertile land that nutures amazing talent over the years despite who's teaching. 

Edited by Tobias