Cadets 2017

if it's an 8-10 person group singing throughout an entire show, then i sure haven't seen it before. 

whether you call it innovation or anything else, the cadets have been doing something in a way other corps haven't when they won their last 2 championships. actually, i'd say that about most of their championships. 

not sure i'll ever be onboard with a dedicated vocal ensemble, but i've felt that way about some of my favorite shows...until i actually saw them. 

Edited by Lance
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, corpsband said:

I could care less about "innovative".  I just want to like the show.  

FWIW I think I will -- but I"m holding out the possibility that they bollocks it up -- again!! 

Not sure why you would think a new staff will automatically ### it up? My feeling FWIW was the previous staff and especially George thought they earned a spot in the top 3 and could do stupid things like Tull, Jingle Bells, Little Jefferey and still be competitive because they could brass/drum/march so well. A little wake up call may be what was required... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Not sure why you would think a new staff will automatically ### it up? My feeling FWIW was the previous staff and especially George thought they earned a spot in the top 3 and could do stupid things like Tull, Jingle Bells, Little Jefferey and still be competitive because they could brass/drum/march so well. A little wake up call may be what was required... 

Clearly I don't think they will -- I just hold out the possibility.  Some things changed -- some did not.

43 minutes ago, Lance said:

if it's an 8-10 person group singing throughout an entire show, then i sure haven't seen it before. 

whether you call it innovation or anything else, the cadets have been doing something in a way other corps haven't when they won their last 2 championships. actually, i'd say that about most of their championships. 

not sure i'll ever be onboard with a dedicated vocal ensemble, but i've felt that way about some of my favorite shows...until i actually saw them. 

well, if it is 5,6,8, or 10, Crown did it before/

My bet would be on the large ensemble of concert French horns, although Star of Indiana did that too on the field in the exhibitions they called Brass Theater. 

3 hours ago, Tobias said:

I just want a corps to wow me with level of excellence and what's going on sound and visually and how it works. I could care less if elements have been done before or not. Just want goosebumps over an intellectual show. Hopefully we're moving past the intellectual show and into an entertaining show winning as we saw last year. Hardly the cleanest show but by far the most entertaining winning it last year 

3 hours ago, corpsband said:

I could care less about "innovative".  I just want to like the show.  

FWIW I think I will -- but I"m holding out the possibility that they bollocks it up -- again!! 

You mean you "couldn't" care less....:blink:

Just kidding (but I'm actually not). 

But seriously, as much as I want Cadets to be successfully competitive this year, I just cannot hold out too much hope that with an almost entirely new staff, they will all-of-a-sudden be competitive with the top 5. I'm hoping that they prove me wrong, but history has shown differently. 

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

well, if it is 5,6,8, or 10, Crown did it before/

i'm thinking the amount that the cadets are going to have of it this year is what will make it something i've never seen. that's what i mean by throughout a show, but i didn't phrase it very well. 

50 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

You mean you "couldn't" care less....:blink:

Just kidding (but I'm actually not). 

But seriously, as much as I want Cadets to be successfully competitive this year, I just cannot hold out too much hope that with an almost entirely new staff, they will all-of-a-sudden be competitive with the top 5. I'm hoping that they prove me wrong, but history has shown differently. 

2010 gave us Little Jeffery yet 2011 gave us Angles so I am hoping 2017 will give us something special and exciting and not a Hee-Haw type of show.:lle: although a few cows and knee slapping music wouldn't be so bad... or would it???:crazy:

• Like 1