Cadets 2017

13 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

True..  Hall of Fame staffers have heard it all before, both fair, and unfair criticism. And its no big deal, including when people like me assess that the criticism was most likely entirely bogus from the DCP anonymous poster that leveled what I consider to be unfair .. probably motivated by sour grapes...criticisms of the HOF staffer. Are we done with this topic yet ?

That's an unfair assessment. One, some of the posters are not necessarily "anonymous" as some of them can be found on other social media sites. Two, the poster MAY have some inside information that none of us knows about given the poster's close ties with Cadets (although that information has not been shared, so we are all left to just go by what's written on this forum). Three, no, are apparently not done with this topic as one person does not ultimately make that decision.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

That's an unfair assessment. One, some of the posters are not necessarily "anonymous" as some of them can be found on other social media sites. Two, the poster MAY have some inside information that none of us knows about given the poster's close ties with Cadets (although that information has not been shared, so we are all left to just go by what's written on this forum). Three, no, are apparently not done with this topic as one person does not ultimately make that decision.

I do think anything is possible , although I dont see any big deal in any of it BUT I will say imo ( repeat ) imo although insiders can  see things quite differently at least they get to see. Others imo is all opinion and assumptions. I personally would put more stock in opinion of those " insiders " BUT can also say insiders can have more bias as well as passion for and against any given subject.

An insiders experience can be very different ( good or bad ) then those on lookers. Also, a good organization tries very hard NOT to air dirty laundry as it's happening specifically for these reasons. This has just been my experience and yes with some involved..

AS I said in an earlier post, Who says flexing ones muscle on a staff of many is a bad thing. Usually that's how great programs are brought to life and I would be very disappointed in any  staff person who didn't do such a thing, this can be a big part of the job and getting it done..

• Like 1

I just don't buy Jeff being purposefully constrained. Perhaps an argument could be made for 2008 and 2014 because of the stages and Oprah tarps, but 2015's drill, IMHO, was crazy good. Any group of coworkers who has been together for a significant period will occasionally disagree, but Jeff was going through a rough patch personally. It's understandable, at least to me, if he wanted a change of scenery. I'm thankful that he shared his talent with the Cadets for so long, and though I'm a big ol' homer, I will be rooting for him to succeed at Crown.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Well we don't know all that do we?

Its all " opinion", but we remind everyone, that the leveler of the criticism said above ( his words ) " its a fact ". Well, no its not " a fact ".. only when he can produce evidence that it is " a fact ", but he can not produce such " facts ". Furthermore, for the record, other former Cadets and Cadets fans on this thread doubt his " facts " on this as well. So we DO know this for " a fact " anyway. Are you  finally done with this topic yet ?, Or is there anything else you believe you can share more info on it for us ?.. otherwise, we can let the DCP readers decide for themselves now if the criticisms of the former Cadets staffer that voluntarily left the Cadets is a fair or an unjust criticism of him by this anonymous DCP critic of this DCI Hall of Famer. A page back or so, I suggested we move on from this topic now, but if you insist on discussing it further, then do as you feel compelled to do... I suppose.

Edited by BRASSO

1 minute ago, wallace said:

I just don't buy Jeff being purposefully constrained. Perhaps an argument could be made for 2008 and 2014 because of the stages and Oprah tarps, but 2015's drill, IMHO, was crazy good. Any group of coworkers who has been together for a significant period will occasionally disagree, but Jeff was going through a rough patch personally. It's understandable, at least to me, if he wanted a change of scenery. I'm thankful that he shared his talent with the Cadets for so long, and though I'm a big ol' homer, I will be rooting for him to succeed at Crown.

I agree I dont think anyone is purposefully constrained BUT that doesn't mean everyone is at one point or another. I have been on all sides of this and sometimes as a staff person you win some you lose some EVERYONE doesnt get everything they want...Thats how great shows come together.

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Its all " opinion", but we remind everyone, that the leveler of the criticism said above ( his words ) " its a fact ". Well, no its not " a fact ".. only when he can produce evidence that it is " a fact ", but he can not produce such " facts ". Furthermore, for the record, other former Cadets and Cadets fans on this thread doubt his " facts " on this as well. So we DO know this for " a fact " anyway. Are you done with this topic yet, or anything else you believe you can share more info on it for us.. otherwise, we can let the DCP readers decide for themselves now if the criticisms of the former Cadets staffer that voluntarily left the Cadets is a fair or an unjust criticism of him by this anonymous DCP critic of this DCI Hall of Famer.

they dont have to produce evidence to anyone. Its their experience so to them it can be factual. What isnt fact is opinions with no involvement. Brasso if you ae done with the subject , be done with it and dont answer a post. It really isnt hard.

By the way DCI Hall of famers are not nor have they ever been exempt from criticism. It can be how good staff become great ones.You are also taking the subject as negative. A challenged staff person produces their best work imo

13 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I do think anything is possible , although I dont see any big deal in any of it

Well if you think the criticism of the DCI Hall of Famer is " no big deal" than why do you insist on a continuation of the topic discussion ?... and in a matter it should be pointed out, that most readers might find from your remarks here that you are far more inclined  in your comments on this to come more to the defense of an anonymous critic of the DCI Hall of Famer, than to the defense of the recipient ( the HOF'er )  of the criticisms of him.

7 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

. Brasso if you ae done with the subject , be done with it and dont answer a post. It really isnt hard.

lol!... heres a satisfactory recommendation of mine to this now thoroughly overdone, over analyzed topic... I'll refrain from further comment on this topic, if your promise not to post anymore more on it (lol!). Sound like a square, fair deal to you ? Just post " yup " if you do... or conversely, you can write something long and detailed more on it if you'd like. But I think most DCP'ers want us to move on.. and if so, I support them 100% in their quest for this now .. lol!

4 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Well if you think the criticism of the DCI Hall of Famer is " no big deal" than why do you insist on a continuation of the topic discussion ?... and in a matter it should be pointed out, that most readers might find from your remarks here that you are far more inclined  in your comments on this to come more to the defense of an anonymous critic of the DCI Hall of Famer, than to the defense of the recipient ( the HOF'er )  of the criticisms of him.

I think if we can have criticism of world leaders  a HOFer is just fine. Im not defending anyone  just making sense of over the top comments on both sides of this

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

lol!... heres a satisfactory recommendation of mine to this now thoroughly overdone, over analyzed topic... I'll refrain from further comment on this topic, if your promise not to post anymore more on it (lol!). Sound like a square, fair deal to you ? Just post " yup " if you do... or conversely, you can write something long and detailed more on it if you'd like. But I think most DCP'ers want us to move on.. and if so, I support them 100% in their quest for this now .. lol!

I think just speak for yourself Brasso..its always best..lol

I am curious to hear from the poster who felt the way they did..maybe a PM or not..otherwise it is what it is.. Im very sure this summer will bring more opinions of new staff all over the place...good and bad..AS usual we wont hear bad until a staff person moves on..lol...

Next...lol

Edited by GUARDLING