Cadets 2017

39 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Nooooooooo... lol!.. its more like you are taking on a bitter stance on a highly respected , long time Cadets Brass Caption Head that left your Cadets, so you decided to take an undeserved shot at him.... on a criticism that no one has ever brought up before on him over his many years of success with not only the Cadets but with a half dozen other DCI Corps, several DCA Corps, as well as over a half dozen competing MB's at both the H.S. and University Levels. YOU initiated the  aggressive criticism of him above. I called you out on that bogus, bitter charge of yours, that's all. Look, you had the opportunity to take your aggressive swipe at Gino Cipriani..( and then not retrack, or modify the criticism of him), and I had the opportunity to call out your claim on him as pure BS on him.. I think the issue has had an ample airing now however, and time is well past any further discussion on this, imo

And another thing, oh nm. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Nooooooooo... lol!.. its more like you are taking on a bitter stance on a highly respected , long time Cadets Brass Caption Head that left your Cadets, so you decided to take an undeserved shot at him.... on a criticism that no one has ever brought up before on him over his many years of success with not only the Cadets but with a half dozen other DCI Corps, several DCA Corps, as well as over a half dozen competing MB's at both the H.S. and University Levels. YOU initiated the  aggressive criticism of him above. I called you out on that bogus, bitter charge of yours, that's all. Look, you had the opportunity to take your aggressive swipe at Gino Cipriani..( and then not retrack, or modify the criticism of him), and I had the opportunity to call out your claim on him as pure BS on him.. I think the issue has had an ample airing now however, and time is well past any further discussion on this, imo

4 minutes ago, Tobias said:

And another thing, oh nm. 

here ya go...

gxSdPoQ.gif

6 minutes ago, corpsband said:

here ya go...

gxSdPoQ.gif

I'm sure the daily egg meme of our resident egg beater here is becoming increasingly endearing to most DCP'ers on here..... lol!!

Edited by BRASSO

15 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Oh... but you conveniently forgot another possibility too ( more likely, in my view too )... that the specific narrative claim here was bogus and simply made up entirely by one single poster on DCP, and not corroborated by any other single poste herer on DCP. Do you think this could be a possibility here In the " inner workings " with the Cadets, Guardling ?  Highly regarded Gino Cipriani was there for years and years,  and with not a sniff of criticism that I'm aware of that he " handcuffed " Show Designers,  Visual Program Coordinators while he was there at the Cadets. Gino has worked many other Corps, Marching Bands, and theres never been a criticism that he  meddled in areas of the Show Programming that " restricted " others ability to perform their duties and responsibilities. Any single DCP'er can just make up a story on here in attempts to " flex their muscle "  But then the story is really nothing more than just total BS.. If a few Cadeters here get their feathers ruffled because I called out a narrative developed on here regarding Gino Cipriani as a meddler as BS, tough luck. The poster certainly was given ample opportunity to retrack or even modfify that criticism of Gino if he wanted too. But he chose not too. So I gave my assessment of that too.. and don't regret a thing about any of my assessment of the criticisms of Gino and so we move on to hopefully lighter things.

An assessment is only as good as the information obtained or closeness to a situation. Anything , as you pointed out is a possibility and I know conspiracy theories are the norm and accepted as truth in today's world . For me , I don't explain nor defend my personal experience. It is my experience and if someone wants to challenge it that's totally on them and I tend not to explain. These Cadeters  may feel the same. Who knows. If, there was any kind of issue within the corps ( as many do have at times ) obviously they worked through it at a very high success rate. 

Maybe upon any staff leaving that would be the only time to actually say what one feels and doing it with someone still on staff would be somewhat turning on your own. I know of many corps who literally have a revolving door of staff, very good staff year to year. What does this say, ? nothing or maybe alot. Who knows, not a big deal either way imo. People rarely change and eventually show who they are, the good and bad of that .Sometimes, or most often we all deal with personalities to move forward. For me I have always looked at the strong personality  in the room and turn to the others and say " so fight them, be just as loud, say what you want and fight for it "

Ive seen staff leave places only to return even after some awful things said. What does this mean? AS I said , maybe nothing or maybe alot. Those in the " inner workings " usually only know at least the 1st version the usual and typical conspiracy   theories. ...jmo

Just for the record and my experience, who says meddling  or even flexing their muscle is a bad thing...Doesn't have to be and done by most experienced and influential staff. Just a thought.

Also I didn't " conveniently "  leave out anything, just gave a different perspective

Edited by GUARDLING

7 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

An assessment is only as good as the information obtained or closeness to a situation. Anything , as you pointed out is a possibility

Yes and no. The " closeness to a situation " is trumped ( imo ) by the credibility of the person making the criticism of the staff member. In this case, the poster with the criticism of the former Brass Caption Head of the Cadets that positioned his Cadets to win his assigned caption while at the Cadets ( Brass ) is an anonymous poster to 99% of us here. The respected staffer on the other hand that was the recipient of the criticism is a public figure with LOTS of credibility everywhere he has taught.. not only at the Cadets for years... but for about a half dozen other DCI Corps... as well as a half dozen or so DCA Corps... and several competing H.S. and University Bands. We have a poster above, "Fran Haring" that confirms this staffer was not a  meddler  there, and never " handcuffed"  other staffers in their assigned capacities there. We view this criticism of the former Brass Caption Head at the Cadets in the context that Brass playing was NOT what has sent the Cadets plummeting in placements of late. So we naturally stack up the credibility of a DCI Hall of Famer with years of public scrutiny and with no history of " handcuffing " anyone vs. the credibility of an anonymous DCP'er that is a former Cadeter that is leveling an unheard of before criticism of this respected Brass line staffer that has now left the Brass Line instruction at his beloved Cadets. Readers then are left with with the assessment of whether or not the criticism posted here on this DCI Hall of Famer then is legit or bogus. Now, I think we've about discussed this criticism of this former Brass Line Instructor at the Cadets to its full airing ( or beat it to death ). So now, if we can get our resident DCP egg beater to beat us some eggs now, we should be able to finish up on a bright note, with both of us on a full stomach to boot, and be able to go out now and tackle the day on some other topic with vigor.

Edited by BRASSO

25 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

The respected staffer on the other hand that was the recipient of the criticism is a public figure with LOTS of credibility everywhere he has taught.. not only at the Cadets for years... but for about a half dozen other DCI Corps... as well as a half dozen or so DCA Corps... and several competing H.S. and University Bands.

This is exactly why I do not buy the idea that Jeff was hampered. Gino's and Jeff's tentacles reach far and wide and many people have had positive experiences working with them. Obviously we cannot know exactly what went on unless we were actually there, but in my opinion, reputation speaks louder than what is posted on an internet forum.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2000Cadet said:

This is exactly why I do not buy the idea that Jeff was hampered. Gino's and Jeff's tentacles reach far and wide and many people have had positive experiences working with them. Obviously we cannot know exactly what went on unless we were actually there, but in my opinion, reputation speaks louder than what is posted on an internet forum.

We agree.. and time to move on from this now, imo.

37 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Yes and no. The " closeness to a situation " is trumped ( imo ) by the credibility of the person making the criticism of the staff member. In this case, the poster with the criticism of the former Brass Caption Head of the Cadets that positioned his Cadets to win his assigned caption while at the Cadets ( Brass ) is an anonymous poster to 99% of us here. The respected staffer on the other hand that was the recipient of the criticism is a public figure with LOTS of credibility everywhere he has taught.. not only at the Cadets for years... but for about a half dozen other DCI Corps... as well as a half dozen or so DCA Corps... and several competing H.S. and University Bands. We have a poster above, "Fran Haring" that confirms this staffer was not a  meddler  there, and never " handcuffed"  other staffers in their assigned capacities there. We view this criticism of the former Brass Caption Head at the Cadets in the context that Brass playing was NOT what has sent the Cadets plummeting in placements of late. So we naturally stack up the credibility of a DCI Hall of Famer with years of public scrutiny and with no history of " handcuffing " anyone vs. the credibility of an anonymous DCP'er that is a former Cadeter that is leveling an unheard of before criticism of this respected Brass line staffer that has now left the Brass Line instruction at his beloved Cadets. Readers then are left with with the assessment of whether or not the criticism posted here on this DCI Hall of Famer then is legit or bogus. Now, I think we've about discussed this criticism of this former HOF staffer at the Cadets to its full airing ( or beat it to death ). So now, if we can get our resident DCP egg beater to beat us some eggs now, we should be able to finish up on a bright note, with both of us on a full stomach to boot, and be able to go out now and tackle the day on some other topic with vigor.

This is all subjective. I have been places where there were differences of opinions on a certain staff person. Some sing the praise others thinking the anti christ was teaching. All in all it really doesnt matter. There is not 1 staff person with longevity that has not taken criticism. Point is both can also be right. People with in the same organization can have different takes on a staff person and as staff people  all know it and its not a big deal. I am very sure with Bac's many staff changes and very strong personalities  will for sure experience the same and this is quite normal. Cadets and CC have and will also experience the same.

Good staff people also can push their agenda during the process but it takes a good coordinator to put the pieces of the puzzle together and get the best product one can out on that field...jmo

Gino, Jeff and whoever with longevity will survive and have heard all this before. No big deal.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

There is not 1 staff person with longevity that has not taken criticism.

Gino, Jeff and whoever with longevity will survive and have heard all this before. No big deal.

True..  Hall of Fame staffers have heard it all before, both fair, and unfair criticism. And its no big deal, including when people like me assess that the criticism was most likely entirely bogus from the DCP anonymous poster that leveled what I consider to be unfair .. probably motivated by sour grapes...criticisms of the HOF staffer. Are we done with this topic yet ?

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

True..  Hall of Fame staffers have heard it all before, both fair, and unfair criticism. And its no big deal, including when people like me assess that the criticism was most likely entirely bogus from the DCP anonymous poster that leveled what I consider to be unfair .. probably motivated by sour grapes...criticisms of the HOF staffer. Are we done with this topic yet ?

Well we don't know all that do we?