Cadets 2017

I've got no issue with the Cadets or any corps trying to raise money anyway they can. I donate some years and some years it's not financial feasible. Some years when I can't donate financially, I volunteer. I will say, that on last nights "Hop talk" on facebook, George's analogy of donating to NPR was ridiculous. His story was, that he was listening to NPR during one of their fund drives and the person doing the funding pitch mentioned that if you were listening to NPR and you didn't donate, that you were stealing. George said he agreed with this position. Well that premise is just false on it's face. NPR gets some of it's funding from Federal, State and local governments. While it may not be the lions share of their funding, it is still some of it. Therefore, any taxpayer listening to NPR, but not donating directly to them directly, is not 'stealing".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wallace said:

What people are complaining about is the TOTAL media blackout. I could care less if the Cadets want to refrain from sharing confidential info and content about the show. Big deal! It's understandable. However, there was little to no content of any kind for ten and a half months in a year when the organization was in a state of upheaval. That's exactly the time to remain in touch with the public. Do they honestly want everyone to believe there was nothing about the Cadets outside of the show that could be posted to pique or retain interest in the organization? Hogwash!

Did you go onto Bluecoats' thread last year or BD or Crown and complain just as passionately as you are doing here now? Corps can do what they want. We are not entitled to anything in the off-season. I seriously cannot understand this sense of entitlement some people seem to have. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Did you go onto Bluecoats' thread last year or BD or Crown and complain just as passionately as you are doing here now? Corps can do what they want. We are not entitled to anything in the off-season. I seriously cannot understand this sense of entitlement some people seem to have. 

Are you implying it's fine for you to be passionate about your POV, but all dissenting opinions should be shoved underneath the Shako of Silence? I don't donate to Bluecoats or Crown, so your point is moot. I care about the Cadets alone. As far as I'm concerned, there are no other corps; they're cannon fodder. They're in the way. They're bugs on the Cadets' charter bus windshields.

And, the media blackout is still ridiculous.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wallace said:

Are you implying it's fine for you to be passionate about your POV, but all dissenting opinions should be shoved underneath the Shako of Silence? I don't donate to Bluecoats or Crown, so your point is moot. I care about the Cadets alone. As far as I'm concerned, there are no other corps; they're cannon fodder. They're in the way. They're bugs on the Cadets' charter bus windshields.

You do understand then, as a Cadets fan, that the "media blackout " this winter and spring was caution awaiting signing copyright with the Bernstein foundation to secure exclusive rights for three season??

• Like 1

Was on the donor call tonight

Heard more about the show etc

Liked what I heard but we will have to wait and see how effective the design is as always, sounds like drill / staging / choreography / guard work design we all be critical to the program. Music aspect sounds great to me with some very nice shaping from the sounds of it to the program, and my personal favorite portions of MASS are all included 

I will provide one tidbit;

1. Corps marching 70 brass with trombone in one segment toward the middle of the program.

Public announcement is 3 days away!

Two 12 hour rehearsal days this weekend. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, wallace said:

I implied nothing. You inferred it for some sensitive reason of yours. 

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

You do understand then, as a Cadets fan, that the "media blackout " this winter and spring was caution awaiting signing copyright with the Bernstein foundation to secure exclusive rights for three season??

No. He clearly didn't understand it even though it's been put out multiple times. You'd think someone who claims to be a Cadets fan would know that instead of whining about how ridiculous he thinks it is that he can't get a piece of candy when he wants it. 

6 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

I implied nothing. You inferred it for some sensitive reason of yours. 

No. He clearly didn't understand it even though it's been put out multiple times. You'd think someone who claims to be a Cadets fan would know that instead of whining about how ridiculous he thinks it is that he can't get a piece of candy when he wants it. 

Obviously, you only read intermittently. I said in a previous post that I could care less if they remained silent about show details. RIF... I would hate to see what you do to your enemies seeing how you treat those who love the Cadets.

9 hours ago, George Dixon said:

You do understand that I said I didn't care if they held back information about the show. My complaint was about the TOTAL media blackout.

The music doesn't matter this year. The theme doesn't matter. These are the vehicles to showcase the technical aspects of the corps. If visual and GE are not competitive then the Cadets will remain in the second tier.