Cadets 2017

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

I know. I do it daily on behalf of the homeless and poor, those who could never afford the luxury of YEA. And I used to do it for Cadets too before they moved to Hopkinsville.

then you should know better

it's great to listen to the members and hear their excitement about the program

that's true of every corps - such an exciting part of the year when you start getting outdoors and putting the show on the field

Go Cadets!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Two things:  one, how did this topic drop off page 1 of my iPhone screen; two, how is it possible that I am the one (far from a fanboy) bringing it back where it belongs?

Everyone switch to the Crown and Boston threads...

22 hours ago, xandandl said:

Don't worry.

When ST begins tomorrow night and the show title/theme/rep announcement is made to those who have paid their tithe to Brad, the posts will come en MASSe.

I see whst you did there, and there and there! 

19 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I guess you think you are being funny? They aren't "those who have paid their tithe to Brad" -- there are DONOR'S

You constantly refer to it /Brad as if it is extortion or something nefarious 

Instead it is the (mostly) thankless and (typically) endless job of NPO fundraising 

I'm going to the wine tasting on Sunday and will get a look at the new unis errr costumes NO unis! Will I see you there George? I'm the really good looking one. 

19 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I guess you think you are being funny? They aren't "those who have paid their tithe to Brad" -- there are DONOR'S

You constantly refer to it /Brad as if it is extortion or something nefarious 

Instead it is the (mostly) thankless and (typically) endless job of NPO fundraising 

I certainly do not think it's nefarious; however, it's asinine to raise funds by means of the Shako of Silence. I have given donations out of love for the entire organization not to glean "inside information" that is rarely earth shattering. I still say this year's media blackout was ridiculous, and by ridiculous, I mean it should be ridiculed.

26 minutes ago, wallace said:

I certainly do not think it's nefarious; however, it's asinine to raise funds by means of the Shako of Silence. I have given donations out of love for the entire organization not to glean "inside information" that is rarely earth shattering. I still say this year's media blackout was ridiculous, and by ridiculous, I mean it should be ridiculed.

I thought it was just another way to do fundraising. Nothing sinister. All the corps are doing information blackout. If there's one thing they're all good at, it's following the herd.