The Cavaliers 2017

Where was the bottom Bass for the cavies tonight? Injured, sick,?? This show is classic cavies and I loved what I got to see.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the little I got to see of the cavies! The show appears to be unique and I'm sure some of the electronics will be tweeked...Hate they didn't get to finish though...

• Like 2

Sucks they got cut short, I checked the forecast yesterday and it had a 0% chance of rain.  I'm gonna need like 10 more viewings of this show.  There was A LOT going on, the weather, getting cut short, etc.  Like.  A lot.  I did five quick thoughts for Blue Stars, five quick thoughts for Cavaliers:

• Colorguard staging and usage is fantastic, and I have a feeling they're pretty awesome...kinda hard when the windpocalypse happens!  
  • Loved the percussion writing!  
  • I'm pretty progressive/okay with electronics so I really liked what I heard/expect to see grow with this show.  
  • Another VERY aesthetically pleasing show to look at.  
  • This one's A LOT to process, without seeing the rest especially.  I need to see the whole thing like ten more times before I form any kind of opinion on it.  
  • Like 6

31 minutes ago, garner63077 said:

Where was the bottom Bass for the cavies tonight? Injured, sick,?? This show is classic cavies and I loved what I got to see.

Bass 5 was in the warm ups.

not sure why not on field. Maybe someone more in the know can answer

Just now, DCIphotographer said:

First impression: meh

Hope it grows on me

That was my impression, too. I do not think this year's design is nearly as good as last year's was at the start of the season (at least what we got to see). I love the uniforms and silks though. Hope it grows on me, too.

• Like 1

It was pretty okay to me, I didn't like how much they used recorded vocals and such. But I'll probably end up liking the show more as the season progresses (I did not like Propaganda when I first saw the preview show, but it ended up being one of my favorites from last year). I am disappointed in the weather situation, because My Way was what I was looking forward to the most,

Well, you know what we say in the drum corps world... The weather is always perfect in Lucas Oil Stadium!

• Like 5

I wonder if some people (not everyone) on this board criticize other corps to make them feel better about their own favorite corps. 

...But there's others on this board whose judgement/knowledge/opinions/insight I value very much. Even if we differ in views I know they do not come from a place of spite. 

(end soapbox)

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 3

Just now, GREENBLUE said:

I wonder if some people (not everyone) on this board criticize other corps to make them feel better about their own favorite corps. 

...But there's others on this board whose judgement/knowledge/opinions/insight I value very much. Even if we differ in views I know they do not come from a place of spite. 

(end soapbox)

I think a lot of people are getting way ahead of themselves considering the fact they had to pretty much run onto the field to try and beat the storm, had to perform in it, and the show got cut pretty abruptly short.  If people got a good read of that show please enlighten me.  

:)

I saw enough that I'm pretty pumped to see it again (well kinda for the first time) on Thursday.  Guard staging stood out to me, excited to see them perform in a controlled environment like LOS.