The Cavaliers 2017

2 minutes ago, littlejaw said:

As a member of 12, this show is nothing like that one.

To expound, 15 minutes of fame was such an abstract concept and none of the movements meshed. Men are from Mars seems to have more of a narrative.

11 hours ago, The Greens said:

So, did anyone go to the community event and have dets?? 

I've seen the video, but would be tarred and feathered as a lowly "newby parent" if I revealed anything that they didn't want revealed. But as a parent of a MM, I couldn't be more excited for what they are bringing to the field this year. I'm also very impressed to see the wholesale changes they are making even now in the show between one night's video and the next. I know that's part of the process, but the speed at which they are modifying this show this early is impressive. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

I've seen the video, but would be tarred and feathered as a lowly "newby parent" if I revealed anything that they didn't want revealed. But as a parent of a MM, I couldn't be more excited for what they are bringing to the field this year. I'm also very impressed to see the wholesale changes they are making even now in the show between one night's video and the next. I know that's part of the process, but the speed at which they are modifying this show this early is impressive. 

Oh I wouldn't dare ask you to show the video, as the anticipation is exciting, I just wanted to know overall thoughts, especially compared to last year..and what you've said has been great...I'm ready to see the show for sure!  

Just now, The Greens said:

Oh I wouldn't dare ask you to show the video, as the anticipation is exciting, I just wanted to know overall thoughts, especially compared to last year..and what you've said has been great...I'm ready to see the show for sure!  

So...my moniker on this site is "PopCornEater" for a reason. I sit in the stands, enjoy the corps eating my popcorn, and don't pretend for one second that I can tell the difference in the 1/10th of a point between the Blue Devils drumline and SCV's drumline. Because I honestly don't believe many of those people actually exist ( that have that discernment capability). I've said all that to put the following opinion into appropriate context regarding Cavaliers 2017. 

There could be some parental bias involved here as well...but I already like this show better than Propaganda, and I REALLY liked Propaganda. Well designed and what I believe will be multiple crowd-pleasing ( applause ) moments throughout what I've seen and right now there's only about 7 minutes on the field. Haven't seen anything of the ballad yet, nor the closer. 

And having given you my "popcorn eater" qualifications, I'll also weigh in that the brass line sounds more mature than last year. Don't know if that's the membership or the material they are playing or perhaps both. But to my ears, a marked uptick in brass performance. 

Hope that helps. Can't wait for Indy! 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

So...my moniker on this site is "PopCornEater" for a reason. I sit in the stands, enjoy the corps eating my popcorn, and don't pretend for one second that I can tell the difference in the 1/10th of a point between the Blue Devils drumline and SCV's drumline. Because I honestly don't believe many of those people actually exist ( that have that discernment capability). I've said all that to put the following opinion into appropriate context regarding Cavaliers 2017. 

There could be some parental bias involved here as well...but I already like this show better than Propaganda, and I REALLY liked Propaganda. Well designed and what I believe will be multiple crowd-pleasing ( applause ) moments throughout what I've seen and right now there's only about 7 minutes on the field. Haven't seen anything of the ballad yet, nor the closer. 

And having given you my "popcorn eater" qualifications, I'll also weigh in that the brass line sounds more mature than last year. Don't know if that's the membership or the material they are playing or perhaps both. But to my ears, a marked uptick in brass performance. 

Hope that helps. Can't wait for Indy! 

Thanks for the update.  :)

4 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I did not realize that BK played Little Green Men in 93. I have a good feeling this song will be used as the percussion feature.

It was the largest part of their show.

• Like 2

Anyone that saw the video of the community performance or was ther, I have a question. Were the props in use yet? And did they perform through the ballad?