The Cavaliers 2017

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Even if they do not finish in the top 4, they are headed in the right direction. Remaining in the top 5 is a major accomplishment and I want them to keep pushing themselves for the future.

Agree. With consistency year over year, they position themselves well.

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Even if they do not finish in the top 4, they are headed in the right direction. Remaining in the top 5 is a major accomplishment and I want them to keep pushing themselves for the future.

This is easily a year of being way improved even if the placement doesn't show it.   I can say the same for a lot of corps this year, it's just fiercely competetive.  I came out of last year being more excited about the Cavaliers than I had been in a long time and I can already say the same for 2018.  They have a top tier guard, top tier percussion, a rapidly improving brass section, and show designers that created a home run of a show for the second year in a row.  It's awesome being able to say again the Cavaliers are easily one of my favorites of the year.  

Finish strong!   

• Like 6

Men are... really good at colorguard! Wow! Also totally unpopular opinion but I love the my way segment.

Hoping there's still a few changes and/or surprises to be made (especially at the end). Just feel that more can be reached in terms of design. Performance wise the guys are selling it. Great show and energy tonight. Love the crowd reaction. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, littlejaw said:

Get. It. Guard.

Looks like they took 2nd in guard. The other guards are really good, too. But they also all seem so, well, familiar. I'm sure I can't defend that for very long, so no disrespect to SCV and BD, for example. But Cavies are in a world of their own (guard + the rest of the corps, too).