Carolina Crown 2017

8 hours ago, yogitom said:

It's an open forum. anyone can talk about anything at any time. If you don't like the post, move onto the next one.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. I'll remember that from now on. 

Anyways, the comment about me being a "bando"...I'm 26. Pretty sure I graduated from that title long ago. I've been a fan since 2007 because that show moved me and because I can appreciate their artistic expression through music. Not because "they play loud", or "they have so many notes", or whatever else excuse you want to throw towards me. They're not the only corps I love, but I enjoy Crown because I enjoy Crown. No need to put a label on me.

Why is it that every time I come on here hoping to talk to people about Crown it's just a nonstop argument or bickering amongst each other?

... kinda sucks :/

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Zerix said:

Why is it that every time I come on here hoping to talk to people about Crown it's just a nonstop argument or bickering amongst each other?

... kinda sucks :/

OK, so what do you want to talk about?

It seems like Crown is being much more secretive than in the past.  Keeping very tight-lipped on this year's production.  I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just different.  I wonder what facilitated the change?  Maybe they don't want to have their show nit-picked until it's on the field, or they want to develop some buzz, or maybe not having all the copyrights in.  Thoughts?

I know I'm grasping at straws here, but I don't have much else to talk about and the season is upon us!  

I’ve never been much of a Crown fan, most years I don’t like them but the past 2 years...just when I started to like them (going way back to before that awful chess piece show) they change and I’m a bit concerned.  It’s difficult to discuss leaks but we’ll see how they pull it off, I worry about their clarity of concept

And I agree with cappy, a few too many horn runs spoil the flow and melodic content of the music

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin. said:

It seems like Crown is being much more secretive than in the past.  Keeping very tight-lipped on this year's production.  I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just different.  I wonder what facilitated the change?  Maybe they don't want to have their show nit-picked until it's on the field, or they want to develop some buzz, or maybe not having all the copyrights in.  Thoughts?

I know I'm grasping at straws here, but I don't have much else to talk about and the season is upon us!  

I know from a friend who auditioned for the corps but withdrew from consideration after a couple camps, that Matt said they wanted to give the new design team plenty of time to acclimate themselves to the new situation. So maybe they're still taking their sweet time finalizing the ideas?

• Like 1

1. Crown attracts top performers with experience in the marching arts. 

2. The musical duo Klesch and Hartloff have a tried and true chemistry and consistently produce great music/Brass lines. 

3. Guard attracts top talent even without MT so will perform very well. 

4. Jeff Sacktig writes great drills and the current viz team will get them squeaky clean. 

Regardless of show concept unless it's a huge miss, that keeps them in top 4. 

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

I know from a friend who auditioned for the corps but withdrew from consideration after a couple camps, that Matt said they wanted to give the new design team plenty of time to acclimate themselves to the new situation. So maybe they're still taking their sweet time finalizing the ideas?

Why did he withdraw?