Carolina Crown 2017

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

They are going to set a new trend by no show theme, so no show announcement. Why be like everyone else???

10 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

A little snippet of this year's brass book.

Lord I'm so over the obligatory body moves for Brass. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Take it up with Star '93. The longest running fad in drum corps, most would have fizzled out by now. 

16 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Take it up with Star '93. The longest running fad in drum corps, most would have fizzled out by now. 

time to just start calling it choreography.

and it's not a fad, it's systematically replacing marching. 

people talk about dirt and such, but old ideas of dirt when applied to marching are simply less and less applicable to the increased choreography that's getting rewarded in shows.

to stay with crown, since it's a crown thread, it's going to be very interesting to see where crown goes visually this year. musically, it's looking to be another klesch special, but visually, i'm just not sure what to expect. 

Edited by Lance
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lance said:

people talk about dirt and such, but old ideas of dirt when applied to marching are simply less and less applicable to the increased choreography that's getting rewarded in shows.

I dunno, I think I liked the marching better. Not sure why it should be replaced with this. 

• Like 5

Just now, Hrothgar15 said:

I dunno, I think I liked the marching better. Not sure why it should be replaced with this. 

I'm with you on liking marching more than choreography. 

And I didn't say "should".  I'm saying what I've observed since '93 or so. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Tobias said:

this is just a short clip - so hard to know the context - but it looks a little ridiculous if you ask me. It is getting really old IMO

I'm hopeful with the change in some of the visual team Crown brass does way less prancing around and more marching - we'll see!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

If the "choreography" still requires the corps to maintain a form and is completely synchronized, I'm okay with it in certain doses.

Some body movement can create highly effective moments, check out the opener of Blue Stars' circus show when they formed a giant tent on the field. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lance said:

to stay with crown, since it's a crown thread, it's going to be very interesting to see where crown goes visually this year. musically, it's looking to be another klesch special, but visually, i'm just not sure what to expect. 

I've never felt it added much (just my opinion) but it's operant conditioning at this point. So long as the rewarding continues, so will the bug stomping.

• Like 2