Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

25 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

The Bluecoats will be fielding a second winterguard in 2018. That's all you need to know if you're not into WGI.

Well... they will be fielding a WGI World Class Independent guard.  That's quite a bit of info you've left out of your "second winterguard" distillation.   So (from SW to NE) you have Pride, Onyx, Juxta, and now Bloo.   Strange how there are none in Indiana (given the state's success in Scholastic classes)

1 minute ago, corpsband said:

Well... they will be fielding a WGI World Class Independent guard.  That's quite a bit of info you've left out of your "second winterguard" distillation.   So (from SW to NE) you have Pride, Onyx, Juxta, and now Bloo.   Strange how there are none in Indiana (given the state's success in Scholastic classes)

Were some of this staff involved with Santa Clara Vanguards winterguard?  I seem to recall a connection, at least in the drum corps guard.  

• Like 1

Just now, corpsband said:

By "second winterguard" I meant that they already had a winterguard under their umbrella (the IO-class Artistry In Blue) before this announcement.

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

Were some of this staff involved with Santa Clara Vanguards winterguard?  I seem to recall a connection, at least in the drum corps guard.  

Yeah Bloo's drum corps staff is pretty much the former SCVWG staff (and now the  Bloo Indoor staff ).  Kind of a boring name though.  

4 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

By "second winterguard" I meant that they already had a winterguard under their umbrella (the IO-class Artistry In Blue) before this announcement.

Right -- but fielding a World Guard is an big (and expensive) undertaking.  Will be interesting to see what happens with it.  Will it attract enough talent?  Members actually move to Ohio to march Pride and Onyx (which is pretty unusual on the winter side where things tend to stay more regional).   

4 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Yeah Bloo's drum corps staff is pretty much the former SCVWG staff (and now the  Bloo Indoor staff ).  Kind of a boring name though.  

Thanks.

So that seems to imply SCVWG isn't coming back, at least soon.  That makes me sad, enjoyed a lot of their shows.  

Why did they pack up shop?  

9 minutes ago, corpsband said:

I know the SCVWG decided not to compete this season in order to regroup and give some clinics instead. SCV has implied that they'll do the exact same thing next year.

I'm curious, though... If SCVWG is no longer the primary winterguard on the West Coast, where will the BD/SCV/etc. guard members from that area go if they want to join an IW guard not too far away from home?

And yeah, they could use a better nickname. When I first read the announcement, I thought Bloo was fielding a WGI Winds group.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

Just now, DrumManTx said:

Thanks.

So that seems to imply SCVWG isn't coming back, at least soon.  That makes me sad, enjoyed a lot of their shows.  

Why did they pack up shop?  

No idea.  They were a hot item.   IW Guards are like owning a boat (hole in the water into which you throw money).  

3 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I know the SCVWG decided not to compete this season in order to regroup and give some clinics instead. SCV has implied that they'll do the exact same thing next year.

I'm curious, though... If SCVWG is no longer the primary winterguard for the West Coast, where will the west coast BD/SCV/etc. guard members go if they want to join an IW guard on the west coast?

And yeah, they could use a better nickname. When I first read the announcement, I thought Bloo was fielding a WGI Winds group.

Fantasia, Imbue, Diamante.  WG scene is still strong in CA.  Always seems to be guards forming there and doing well. 

Edited by corpsband

9 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Members actually move to Ohio to march Pride and Onyx (which is pretty unusual on the winter side where things tend to stay more regional).   

As many HS athletes have done for decades.  It's amazing how some families can find an Aunt or Uncle in a town with a great HS sports team.