Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

1 hour ago, BoaDci said:

Hey guys, I know it's early, but this might be my favorite brass book ever.  Triumph of Time, Crystal, Flight of the Bumblee and Everything Must Change are all incredible.  The chords and mello licks in Triumph (which can be heard better on the first recording) are insane, and are already really blended.  Flight of the Bumblebee is super clean, and they have only had it for a few months (that is my guess), I know professionals that have taken much MORE time than that.  Crystal gets better with every listen, that trumpet line (and mellophone line) is absolute craziness.  Everything Must Change is my favorite of the bunch.  If this stays relatively the same, this will be one of my favorite ballads ever.  The impacts are all exactly where they need to be.  I feel more like I'm listening to a professional big band than a drum corps.  Great Stuff.  And no, I havent stopped listening to it since I got it.  I NEED TO SEE THIS ON THE FIELD.

Crazy stuff ain't it! It's my favorite brass book too. I like Bluecoats rep also and I am sure it's gonna be ridiculous, but I am drooling over BD rep waaaay much more! Its so mesmerizing, it pulls you in like a magnet or a trance like state, it takes you over the moon and back and over the moon again, its not just some musical hype brass book that gives you big energetic and fun moment, but it actually takes you on a permanent high and keep you there, that you cant stop listening. I had to force myself to stop listening. I Can't wait to see it on the field!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Crazy stuff ain't it! It's my favorite brass book too. I like Bluecoats rep also and I am sure it's gonna be ridiculous, but I am drooling over BD rep waaaay much more! Its so mesmerizing, it pulls you in like a magnet or a trance like state, it takes you over the moon and back and over the moon again, its not just some musical hype brass book that gives you big energetic and fun moment, but it actually takes you on a permanent high and keep you there, that you cant stop listening. I had to force myself to stop listening. I Can't wait to see it on the field!

This year is gonna be SOOOO good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

This year is gonna be SOOOO good.

I truly hope the audiences will show the same enthusiasm many on DCP are showing. This is one of the most audience friendly BD shows BD has put out in recent years (though 2014 and 2015 were very audience friendly too) 

too often the corps gets hate either because the audience doesn't connect with the show or they feel that it's boring when BD wins so often (or a combination of the two)

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Lance said:

bd not being at opening night is going to kill me

i really need to hear a decent-quality recording of this #### show

They'll be at the Stanford show a week from Sunday.  I'm going to try to catch them on flomarching after the Mich City show.  I'm thinking with the two hour time difference that I can get home in time. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I truly hope the audiences will show the same enthusiasm many on DCP are showing. This is one of the most audience friendly BD shows BD has put out in recent years (though 2014 and 2015 were very audience friendly too) 

too often the corps gets hate either because the audience doesn't connect with the show or they feel that it's boring when BD wins so often (or a combination of the two)

Ahhh, I dont think 2015 was.  It was my favorite BD show of recent years, but after the Crown thing at finals I dont think people liked it as much XD.  I think their most fan favorite of recent years was 2011.  This show has the potential to be better than all of them.  Im not expecting it to break 99.65, but this show could come closer than anyone else has.

Just now, BoaDci said:

Ahhh, I dont think 2015 was.  It was my favorite BD show of recent years, but after the Crown thing at finals I dont think people liked it as much XD.  I think their most fan favorite of recent years was 2011.  This show has the potential to be better than all of them.  Im not expecting it to break 99.65, but this show could come closer than anyone else has.

Lol well, I guess if you just take BD's 2015 show at face value, it was an audience friendly show. But in the context of stealing the gold from Crown's fingers, yes, the audience wasn't too happy with BD. 

But it was still a far cry from the golf claps they received in 2010, 2012, and 2013. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Lol well, I guess if you just take BD's 2015 show at face value, it was an audience friendly show. But in the context of stealing the gold from Crown's fingers, yes, the audience wasn't too happy with BD. 

But it was still a far cry from the golf claps they received in 2010, 2012, and 2013. 

Touche XD

Just now, BoaDci said:

Touche XD

On the subject of BD 2010... such an underrated show that doesn't get enough love. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

On the subject of BD 2010... such an underrated show that doesn't get enough love. 

Oh man...that opener was too good.  It was a great show.  Lots of great stuff in the "intellectual" BD era (Not what its called but thats what Im calling it, I think it describes all early 2010's BD shows).  The issue is people take those BD shows at face value and dont try to understand before they evaluate IMO.

• Like 1