Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

48 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

This corps is mind boggling good. This sounds weird but I think they're getting highly underrated this year by fans. This show is all about super exposed parts both in the music and visual (20 snares, 40 trumpets, are you kidding me?) but all people see is the park and bark in the ballad and just dismiss it all

The first section will be my new ringtone! (replacing the SCV Scheherazade trombone opening statement) 

The issue is not the music its the visual package

9 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Its ok...I too would find it musically lacking....if I only liked straight eighth notes

Was getting ready to pm you lol. But yes i agree with you.

• Like 1

Just now, Chief Guns said:

Was getting ready to pm you lol. But yes i agree with you.

I asked him a question about the settings on his device.

BTW, I watched a recent run with the mirrors (which I hadnt noticed before), I think they actually work better this year than in 2010.  Too cool.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, awunderlich said:

The first section will be my new ringtone! (replacing the SCV Scheherazade trombone opening statement) 

The issue is not the music its the visual package

Edited by drumcorpsfever

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

This corps is mind boggling good. This sounds weird but I think they're getting highly underrated this year by fans. This show is all about super exposed parts both in the music and visual (20 snares, 40 trumpets, are you kidding me?) but all people see is the park and bark in the ballad and just dismiss it all

Underrated?  Underappreciated?   Not sure I would agree with that only because the vast majority of fans outside of the West have not seen them in person yet.   Until they meet up with all the contenders, it's only conjecture at this point how they may stack up.

After all, if a drum corps plays in the forest, do they make a noise?

Patience, young grasshopper.  Their time will come!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Jesus H Christ.  I wanna stand in front of that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Jesus H Christ.  I wanna stand in front of that. 

Hearing it live is just..............no words to describe it.

• Like 3

I feel like this show is a sneak attack. They are off in the Northwest enjoying a low-pressure tour with plenty of time to add/adjust and clean before colliding with their main competition. As such, the show is a bit of a mystery to a lot of people.

The program is really complex; much more so than some others which are a bit easier to fully grasp on the first read. Those that are pooh-poohing it now may end up with egg on their faces in a few weeks. A lot of them heaped the same sourness on 2010, 2013, etc. There is so much potential in the framework and it has an emotional effect that some of the other shows are lacking.

Someone in another thread dissed the interwoven quotes of past shows, saying it was fun and clever, but what does that mean to anyone in regards to the overall program? It will mean something to the judges. Almost all of them will have seen many of those past shows and I think they will get as much delight at how expertly the bits are included, without being jarring, as the most hardcore fan.

Now where is this "mirror run" that keeps being mentioned? I'm dying of curiosity!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

I feel like this show is a sneak attack. They are off in the Northwest enjoying a low-pressure tour with plenty of time to add/adjust and clean before colliding with their main competition. As such, the show is a bit of a mystery to a lot of people.

The program is really complex; much more so than some others which are a bit easier to fully grasp on the first read. Those that are pooh-poohing it now may end up with egg on their faces in a few weeks. A lot of them heaped the same sourness on 2010, 2013, etc. There is so much potential in the framework and it has an emotional effect that some of the other shows are lacking.

Someone in another thread dissed the interwoven quotes of past shows, saying it was fun and clever, but what does that mean to anyone in regards to the overall program? It will mean something to the judges. Almost all of them will have seen many of those past shows and I think they will get as much delight at how expertly the bits are included, without being jarring, as the most hardcore fan.

Now where is this "mirror run" that keeps being mentioned? I'm dying of curiosity!

Well going into the closer, they do the kaleidoscope from 2010 if that's what you are referring to. If not my apologies.