Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

Well going into the closer, they do the kaleidoscope from 2010 if that's what you are referring to. If not my apologies.

I meant the mirrors on the props. Have they used them in a show yet and I just haven't noticed in low-quality videos?

3 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

I meant the mirrors on the props. Have they used them in a show yet and I just haven't noticed in low-quality videos?

Sorry about that. They had all the mirrors at the Riverside show. 

• Like 2

Boy that "Can Cadets Medal" thread is off the hook. Between that and the SCV Conundum thread accusing judges of being on the BD payroll, which by the way no one has still brought a shred of evidence to the table that this is happening, I haven't laughed this hard in a while. These performers should feel honored that they can make a bunch of adults cry and whine like this lol.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

Boy that "Can Cadets Medal" thread is off the hook. Between that and the SCV Conundum thread accusing judges of being on the BD payroll, which by the way no one has still brought a shred of evidence to the table that this is happening, I haven't laughed this hard in a while. These performers should feel honored that they can make a bunch of adults cry and whine like this lol.

Lol... it relly is something. The best will always be the best. When your the standard then all the unecessary hate and criticism will come at you hard. No worries over them. BD will always exist, always have the success it does (unless something drastic changes that), and always will be BD whether you like them or not. BD is the one corp and organizations that transforms through every era successfully and still dominant. Yes they have gotten challenges throughout history but they atill pull through to be the best. Look at cavies through the 2000s, BD still is BD and still was pushed to become even greater! People seem to foeget the nature of this corp how well they transition from time to time. The vast diverse levels of shows is truly remarkable. Fans can say dustastefull and horrible things as much as they want at the end of the day, they are still not the judges. This is why DCI have a judging system consist of expert judges, because if it was left up to the fans to be the judges, just look at how chaotic and confusing it would have gotten. Thats why there is an official system, that rewards all the kids and the activity for hard work and great talent. I give my crtique on many corps but in a constructive and respectful way. And I must say Cadets been getting it bad too from many and I dont appreciate the level of down talk they have gotten. Cadets situation is way much different than BD but no matter what we should be mindful of the kids involved when we decide to sound off our thoughts and points of view on them. Lets critique if we must but do it with encouragements to balance it out for them to be better.

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Its a mid to late 2000's DCP throwback...

People need to put more trust behind these judges.  Put yourself in a judges shoes.  Can you imagine deciding the scores of top level groups such as this where the mistakes in both design and execution are miniscule?  THEN, going to the internet where fans may (or may not) be critiquing the way you are doing your job that you get paid to do.  Your income at risk because a bunch of people think a judge thats feet away from a corps sees less than a fan from multiple yards away.  Yeah.  Ok.  /end rant

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Any BD fans up in the great NW that can report any new additions to the show this week?

I saw a recent runthrough on yt.  I couldnt notice anything, but its generally the little things with this show.  Ill pm you the link if its still up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BoaDci said:

I saw a recent runthrough on yt.  I couldnt notice anything, but its generally the little things with this show.  Ill pm you the link if its still up.

Awesome! Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Any BD fans up in the great NW that can report any new additions to the show this week?

That yt link is still up. 

Looked like some more body movement stuff in the opener and bumble bee. I'm sure there's more subtle things I missed. 

Edited by mboogey73
  • Like 4

Loving the mirrors! My biggest complaint about the stairs was how bare they looked but they definitely fixed that. Keep up the good job layering.

• Like 4