Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

The crowd ate that ballad and closer up!! Lots of wows, ooooos and awwwws throughout as well. I love the recent additions.

I was about 11 rows up right off the 50 and didn't have as much problems with the amps as previous shows. There were a few spots you could feel it in your chest though, but that wasn't unique to BD tonight.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

It's like I just opened my eyes to this show the first time.  Holy God.  That was breathtaking.......I can't imagine the rush that must be if you're a BD alum hearing and seeing your whole corps history put on display as an evolution of what they were into what they're becoming.  Almost makes me teary eyed. Those added voiceovers are PERFECT!!!  

I love it when I turn a corner on shows, I know it's always something wrong with me when something isn't clicking in terms of my personal enjoyment.  Tonight was........special.  I only wish I coulda felt that way when I saw this thing live because wow.  

Is it too late to board the hype train?  Cause I'm on board now.  

Was it tonight's performance that did it? Because I just caught it, and ... wow. Wow. I already liked this show a whole lot, but tonight they finally did it. It finally 100% worked, end to end, and the ending just knocked me out of my dang seat.  

AND THE GUARD. YES BRUH. I SEE YOU "BUMBLEBEE" RIFLES!!!

• Like 3

Tonight was clearly BDs best performance of the season. But the best part is the show is no where near complete. They added a new prop that you know will be used way more than tonight. I expect more of Mr Seawright to be added into the show. It's starting to come together. Last two weeks gonna be awesome!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Was it tonight's performance that did it? Because I just caught it, and ... wow. Wow. I already liked this show a whole lot, but tonight they finally did it. It finally 100% worked, end to end, and the ending just knocked me out of my dang seat.  

AND THE GUARD. YES BRUH. I SEE YOU "BUMBLEBEE" RIFLES!!!

Hell yeah it was tonight that did it.  lol

• Like 3

Just now, Chief Guns said:

Tonight was clearly BDs best performance of the season. But the best part is the show is no where near complete. They added a new prop that you know will be used way more than tonight. I expect more of Mr Seawright to be added into the show. It's starting to come together. Last two weeks gonna be awesome!

Everyone else added their big changes and Blue Devils probably have just barely started.  

:bluedevil:

I love love love Santa Clara Vanguard too, that's probably my favorite show design this year but Blue Devils really clicked with me tonight and I can't think of two more awesome shows to be dueling it out for first.  It's a win win for me this year.  The levels they all continue to push this activity to are breathtaking.  

• Like 4

Agreed. Being a Cali kid, this is xmas for me. Feels like 1999 all over again! BD normally finishes the show in Buffalo. So whatever is left expect it to debut next Sunday. Or do they have the balls to unleash the finishing touches at Quarters? 

• Like 2