Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

6 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

To be fair, I said that it'd be difficult to do it without it seeming like gratuitous fan-service.

Based on the video I just watched, it sets up pretty much perfectly for her to come out in whatever the "typical 70s BD guard uniform" was and do a rifle toss, without being gratuitous. They figured out a setup to make her both past and future in one shot, without it being fan-service-y.

Because of course they did. F'ing Devils. Of bloody course they did. They're the best.

What if BD brought out one BDC horn member, one BDC drummer, and one BDC guard (Clara) and had them in 70's BD uniform coming thru that window in the closer? And they play some notes and Clara spins a little. That would be electric! Of course that would count against the numbers. They would have to be marching 147 for that to happen. And you know the haters will be counting.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

This years trumpet feature is definitely giving 2014's trumpet fanfare a run for it's money. 

Agreed.

2 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

To be fair, I said that it'd be difficult to do it without it seeming like gratuitous fan-service.

Based on the video I just watched, it sets up pretty much perfectly for her to come out in whatever the "typical 70s BD guard uniform" was and do a rifle toss, without being gratuitous. They figured out a setup to make her both past and future in one shot, without it being fan-service-y.

Because of course they did. F'ing Devils. Of bloody course they did. They're the best.

Haha. Of course, looking to the future, she'll be wearing a jet pack and flying over the field during the toss (to more complaints of the lack of marching).

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MikeBD said:

So far I have loved all the changes BD has made this year.  Bring it home BD.

Agreed. Blue Devils almost always have changes that are positive.

• Like 4