Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

2 minutes ago, Lance said:

okay, they just tweeted more about hamilton

if it's all some sort of weird trick, i'll be a little angry

I wont:bleah:

I think its a trick.. that pink graphic tease , how could that look like a match for a Hamilton theme show. plus Scott Chandler just posted even more clearer graphics again.

But i wouldn't be angry if its Hamilton though, they would surely do something Bd with it lol. who knows it could be it might not be

• Like 1

4 hours ago, corpsband said:

Very sad that some find it necessary to mock the present to honor the past.

Loved what BD did in the past -- probably my favorite hornline for a LOT of years.  I never failed to run down to the first row to hear an encore. My kid always came along just to get our faces ripped.  Spent many rehearsals on the sideline just getting blown away by the guard performers up close.  Heck my kid swore she was gonna march in the BD guard until Crown '07 / ''08 came along and put Carolina on her mind :-) 

In the past decade I may not have always been the biggest fan of their arranging style.  But the excellence of the corps, the professionalism of the performers, and the consistently top quality designs just can't be denied.  

Want to know how to run a drum corps rehearsal?  Go watch BD rehearse.  They do it better than anyone.  Bar none.  (and remember I'm the big Crown honk).  

IMHO suggesting BD doesn't exist is just plain disrespectful of all the current MM's, instructors, and admin.  

Very silly.  

So much respect to you. Salute!!

"In the end we only regret"... etc, post?

The music they are playing sounds like nothing I heard on those Hamilton clips I viewed.

I wonder if it's going to be something BD/SCV do together.

On May 7, 2017 at 0:22 PM, Ghost said:

The BD do not usually play what other corps have done.  It's not in their DNA .

Relying on corps rep, by my count, the only year of the last four that they did not play "what other corps have done" was 2014 (0 of 6).

In "13 (1 of 3),  "15  (3 of 7) and "16  (4 of 8)  BD's repertoire includes 18 songs, of which 8 had been played previously by other corps.

And,  of course, "14 was their wonderfully unique and record setting presentation of Felliniesque so I would encourage Los Diablos to continue that approach but beg them to stay away from Korean pop and Ravi Shankar. 

10 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Blue Devils are very strongly hinting Hamilton on Twitter and I'm not a fan at all.  Please dont become the punchline of SCV's April Fools joke.

Ok, I think the only connection to Hamilton that BD has is that the jacket here looks like their old uniform jackets.  That's why I said "nice jacket" before.

A Hamilton show doesn't jive with the rumor mill either, but the rumor mill doesn't have a complete list of tunes...

• Like 2

Well, BDC just revealed its 2017 show this morning. At this rate, I bet we will see BDB's show announcement next, followed by the revelation of the A corps's show.