Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

Just received about BDB

The World the Children Made

Every place you've ever imagined, it's real.
There is a fictional city in your mind and you know every corner of it.
Your mind is a world, each of us is a place.

These are the words that begin our story, of a young girl faced with the looming fear and pressure of the real world. She closes her eyes, clenching them tight to ensure total darkness. As her fears melt away, a new image comes into focus. Welcome to the world of a child’s imagination. As we explore the fantastic creations of her young mind, we encounter the frightening manifestation of the very thing she was trying to escape. The fictional world begins to fall apart, and our character transforms before our eyes -- learning to find the good in her reality. While our hero is not from any one story, there is a piece of her inside each and every one of us.

私はちょうど何が重要か見つけようとしている

Inspired by the art style of anime, and set to a soundtrack of works from Wataru Hokoyama, Above & Beyond, Leslie Bricusse & Anthony Newley, and original material from John Meehan, Dave Glyde, & Maverick Peterson, the 2017 Blue Devils B invites you to join us as we escape to a new world, 11 1⁄2 minutes at a time.

Thank you, I'll say goodbye soon.
Though it’s the end of the world,
Don't blame yourself now.
And if it’s true,
I will surround you
and give life to a world
That's our own.
Satellite
Above & Beyond
Spiritual Planet
Wataru Hokoyama
Pure Imagination
Leslie Bricusse & Anthony Newley
Original Works
John Meehan, Dave Glyde, and Maverick Peterson

On the first day, MARS gave us a BDC Announcement.

On the second day, MARS gave us a BDB Announcement.

I sense a trend here. Can we expect the third day to include a BDA announcement????????

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Whiskey said:

That Natalie Portman thread was something else....

Haha That it was,

I wonder if it is archived somewhere LOL> Maybe Tim has it saved

Edited by oldcadetsop

Yes Tim does know where forum stuff is archived.  Those were the days!

I am not sure but I think all 3 BD corps kind of have related themes?  We will see after BDA announcement I guess.  

I really have to say that BDB has always had strong percussion but the brass and guard are just as strong now.

I hope that BD and SCV both have similar themes and both do as successfully this year.

9 minutes ago, flammaster said:

I hope that BD and SCV both have similar themes and both do as successfully this year.

I don't think they would ever do this, but speaking of BD and SCV having possibly similar themes and with the significance for this year, I think it would be kinda cool if SCV announced BD's show and BD announced SCV's. Idk why, I just thought would be a cool and fun idea.

• Like 2