THE ACADEMY 2017

Did I not just say I know it's played daily? Is it in a Disney movie? Nope. That's why I don't consider it Disney music. When a corps plays original music, do we call it so and so Drum and Bugle Corps music. Nope.

"It's A Small World" isn't in a Disney movie, it was written for the 1964 World's Fair, but it could be the most iconic Disney song of them all. Disney actually has a number of pieces they have commissioned that are not in their films such as the music from the Electrical Parade which I do not believe was from a film though it does contain a few musical themes from movies and Disney does consider these pieces their music.

"It's A Small World" isn't in a Disney movie, it was written for the 1964 World's Fair, but it could be the most iconic Disney song of them all. Disney actually has a number of pieces they have commissioned that are not in their films such as the music from the Electrical Parade which I do not believe was from a film though it does contain a few musical themes from movies and Disney does consider these pieces their music.

Ooh ooh, I know this one!

It's Disney music!

Oh, and some parade music is taken from films and TV shows, but the higher percentage is written specifically for parade as you thought.

Best example of that is the Spectromagic parade. Electric Light parade is about 60% original and 40% other material.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...