THE ACADEMY 2017

Disney did!

Good for them. Lol. As there's no cartoons singing the songs and it's not from any live action musical they've filmed, I personally wouldn't consider it a Disney song.

Good for them. Lol. As there's no cartoons singing the songs and it's not from any live action musical they've filmed, I personally wouldn't consider it a Disney song.

If I recall correctly, Disney didn't grant arranging/performance rights until April or May. GH wasn't sure if he had a show he could field. So Disney, at least, was as serious as a heart attack about their property.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

If I recall correctly, Disney didn't grant arranging/performance rights until April or May. GH wasn't sure if he had a show he could field. So Disney, at least, was as serious as a heart attack about their property.

They normally are. My high school performed it in 2006 and we had issues getting the rights as well.

They normally are. My high school performed it in 2006 and we had issues getting the rights as well.

That's due to the stock arrangements from Hal Leonard.

Disney normally will not give rights for anything less than than 6 months from release.

As for the Millenium Celebration not being Disney music, it's been recorded and sold, as well as performed on a nightly basis since 1999.

It's just as much Disney music as anything else that falls under that category.

• Like 1

That's due to the stock arrangements from Hal Leonard.

Disney normally will not give rights for anything less than than 6 months from release.

As for the Millenium Celebration not being Disney music, it's been recorded and sold, as well as performed on a nightly basis since 1999.

It's just as much Disney music as anything else that falls under that category.

Considering I marched in the parade and sang during the candlelight processional, I fully understand and know it's performed on a nightly basis, mainly at Epcot at Disney World. I'm just saying I personally don't consider it Disney music.

Considering I marched in the parade and sang during the candlelight processional, I fully understand and know it's performed on a nightly basis, mainly at Epcot at Disney World. I'm just saying I personally don't consider it Disney music.

You know it is played everyday at Disney, it is owned by Disney,it is distributed by Disney, but not Disney music according to you. Neat

• Like 1

You know it is played everyday at Disney, it is owned by Disney,it is distributed by Disney, but not Disney music according to you. Neat

None of that makes it Disney music, I guess.

• Like 2

Did I not just say I know it's played daily? Is it in a Disney movie? Nope. That's why I don't consider it Disney music. When a corps plays original music, do we call it so and so Drum and Bugle Corps music. Nope.

Edited by UKSuperman

Did I not just say I know it's played daily? Is it in a Disney movie? Nope. That's why I don't consider it Disney music. When a corps plays original music, do we call it so and so Drum and Bugle Corps music. Nope.

That's absurd, and a crappy comparison.

An arrangement is not original music, which the Millenium Celebration is.

Edited by tesmusic

Is it Disney movie music? No. Is it Disney music? Yes.

Would you consider "It's a Small World" not to be Disney music because it's played in the theme park and not a movie?