THE ACADEMY 2017

6 minutes ago, DrummerPA said:

You're not imaging things, they are twins! Jacob (unchained melody soloist) is marching BD this year, however his brother Zach is still with The Academy and does have a solo this year. 

Thank you.  I'm going to turn 60 in November and I thought I was entering the early stages of dementia.  :laughing:

Keep pushing, Academy! You've got a wonderful Klesch brass book that the audience is starting to really enjoy, and this show is starting to find its footing and its memorable moments. Three weeks to work your way back into the top 12, and I'd love to see it happen. The show has the bones and the demand, just keep cleaning!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

Keep pushing, Academy! You've got a wonderful Klesch brass book that the audience is starting to really enjoy, and this show is starting to find its footing and its memorable moments. Three weeks to work your way back into the top 12, and I'd love to see it happen. The show has the bones and the demand, just keep cleaning!

Audiences seem to be responding well to Academy's show this summer. The scores at the moment are not where they want,  nor need to be, if they want to retain their hard won DCI Finalist status from last season. But I like the show. Its fun. Its not preachy, nor pretentious, and the theme is clear and cogent. The show keeps my interest throughout. The uniforms fit the theme perfectly... Guard as well. Fan friendly and recognizable music.  I can see why the scores are a bit low at the moment. They just need to clean. Pardon the bad pun, but Academy is still in the hunt with this appealing show filled with a breath of fresh air of camp... in a season where so many of the DCI shows seem filled with darker, more sinister, more " woe is me " type themes this summer. Academy is the antidote to that prevalence. So I'm hoping their scores improve. Based on audience responses I'm hearing at their performances this summer, others feel the same. Good luck to Academy tomorrow, and in the final 3 weeks.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Academy just heated up the race for the final spot in the Top 12 tonight. Pass the popcorn, this is going to be a good finish!

14 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Academy just heated up the race for the final spot in the Top 12 tonight. Pass the popcorn, this is going to be a good finish!

Yup! I am an unapologetic Academy supporter (and long time volunteer) so am rooting for them to pull a BAC this year. That said, I saw a lot of young men from Madison just crushed last year after semi-finals so I know they will do everything in their power to keep from feeling that pain again. No idea how Mandarin's will respond to the challenge, but for drum corps fans in general, I hope they respond well.

Go Academy!