Why only 5 mini corps this year?

I'm still a bit confused here.

What is the difference between a 10-person brass ensemble not having to obtain those rights, but an 11-person mini-corps having to do so? Aren't they both public performances?

(FYI the minimum size for a DCA mini-corps is 11 performers, as far as I recall.)

L.R. posted earlier about how the bigger the fish, the more the risk, Fran. That would sum it up in a nutshell, and John is absolutely spot on.

I know of a cover band that's running hot and fast under the radar hoping they're not gonna get pinched hoping they're not a big enough fish...

How many all age units complete in Sound Sport anyone have numbers and a list of who they are ?

How many all age units complete in Sound Sport anyone have numbers and a list of who they are ?

A list of SoundSport teams

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: If DCA dumped the current mini-corps rules and made the event a SountSport competition, it would actually be a draw for championships instead of a side-show.

• Like 3

A list of SoundSport teams

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: If DCA dumped the current mini-corps rules and made the event a SountSport competition, it would actually be a draw for championships instead of a side-show.

agreed. Not every group can afford Indy. but Rochester or Williamsport may fit their budget better

• Like 1

From What I have seen going to Indy for DCI is the recruiting draw for some of the Soundsport teams especially those with younger memberships. No dig at DCA but a lot of the younger members just want to be a part of DCI in Indy even if the cost is more. I also believe that several of the corps listed as Soundsport competitors only made it to a DCI regional Show. I like Star United and have enjoyed meeting many of the members and they have always been friendly to me, However I think that since they have been competing some of the fun of the shows has worn off. (I have only been to 2 DCA Mini Corps Comps once before Star and once after).

From What I have seen going to Indy for DCI is the recruiting draw for some of the Soundsport teams especially those with younger memberships. No dig at DCA but a lot of the younger members just want to be a part of DCI in Indy even if the cost is more. I also believe that several of the corps listed as Soundsport competitors only made it to a DCI regional Show. I like Star United and have enjoyed meeting many of the members and they have always been friendly to me, However I think that since they have been competing some of the fun of the shows has worn off. (I have only been to 2 DCA Mini Corps Comps once before Star and once after).

Agreed. I don't see SoundSport courting DCA any-time soon. There is just nothing for DCA to offer them since the majority of them are outside the NE. Its been said over and over that the DCA is primarily a NE activity. Heard loud and clear.

Soundsport is creating a niche for themselves.

Edited by camel lips

Agreed. I don't see SoundSport courting DCA any-time soon. There is just nothing for DCA to offer them since the majority of them are outside the NE. Its been said over and over that the DCA is primarily a NE activity. Heard loud and clear.

That doesn't rule out DCA courting SoundSport.

Does SoundSport have any ties to the SDCA? ... was just on their website and they seem to be alive ... anyone ever attend one of their shows?

• Like 1

Soundsport can grow, and the region is due for some groups