Another Rumor Dies.

Ghost

That might be more accurate than the version I recall. Is there a CYO Nationals Tribute show next year?

No, just East Coast Classic bit it is being held in Quincy. I know they had a hard time recruiting volunteers for both shows, and attendance was very poor at Quincy last year. Gillette in 2015 and BC in 2016 were huge undertakings. Hosting one show for this year is probably a good idea. It gives volunteers a break and all but guarantees a profitable show.

Then why is Boston not in the Lynn, MA show or the Cranston, RI show ?

They are out in WI instead. Very strange

Then why is Boston not in the Lynn, MA show or the Cranston, RI show ?

They are out in WI instead. Very strange

Lynn show although in Boston area is NOT a home show....that is run by another organization...

Just posted on Boston's Facebook page:

We were unable to secure commitments from performing corps for our annual July TEP show, therefore we have opted to start the 2017 tour out in the Midwest. It helps us to accomplish our goal to explore different geographic locations and audiences over the next 3 to 5 years. We are exploring another west coast swing, a prolonged Florida tour and potential trips to Singapore, Indonesia, Japan, Thailand and China.

We plan to leverage multimedia and private broadcast to keep our fan base entertained and engaged. We also are planning multiple early season JUNE performances in Boston and New England, indoor and outdoor. Plans are being finalized and will be announced shortly. Of course our homecoming show will be on August 3, 2017 and the Boston Crusaders will be on “fire” at that point in the season.

Even if there was a basis to this rumor.... with the complex nature of the DCI tour schedule, wouldn't it be tough, if not impossible, to keep those corps from ending up in at least some shows with each other?

Obviously not including the big "all skate" regionals.

Or maybe it's not so tough. Just another one of a million things I don't know for sure. LOL.

Even if there was a basis to this rumor.... with the complex nature of the DCI tour schedule, wouldn't it be tough, if not impossible, to keep those corps from ending up in at least some shows with each other?

Obviously not including the big "all skate" regionals.

Or maybe it's not so tough. Just another one of a million things I don't know for sure. LOL.

The rumors only applied to the 2 shows that Boston has historically hosted.

And if one reads between the lines of the Boston's statement on Facebook, one could reasonably conclude that the rumor was accurate. imho

(edited to clarify my last sentence.)

Edited by Barneveld

My apologies for not being more clear. I fixed my post.

While I'm not sure, I suspect you disagree with my opinion. If that is the case, I respect your right to do so.

Hope you and yours have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

nvm -- found it:

https://www.facebook.com//BostonCrusaders/posts/1253729484670992

and happy turkey day to you as well!

Edited by corpsband