Woodwinds

I feel like blue coats would be the first ones to move up and use woodwinds.

I 'm about 99% certain that some Corps from Guatamala will go down in DCI history annals as the 1st Corps to utilize woodwinds in DCI World Class Division field competition, not... " blue coats ".

Edited by BRASSO

I am hopeful that woodwinds do not appear in DCI.

Don't be too hopeful. They have already been utilized in DCI Field competition... albeit under the guise that it " was a one time thing"... a " special dispensation ". Similar to how we were told that " woodwinds are utilized in I& E competition", but they " will never see the field of competition ".

I feel like blue coats would be the first ones to move up and use woodwinds.

Go ahead and let woodwinds in!!!!

...and I will just BOYCOTT those corps that use them and continue to SUPPORT the ones that choose not to use them...

...and I will just BOYCOTT those corps that use them and continue to SUPPORT the ones that choose not to use them...

I'll be extra-supporting the woodwind corps, thus rendering ur tantrum moot lol. But only if it's an Excellent implementation. I'm sure it will be awful the first year, just like the voices stuff in 2004.

when you buy a ticket, they don't earmark the $$ for corps you want to support and not for corps you dislike

when you buy a ticket, they don't earmark the $$ for corps you want to support and not for corps you dislike

You apparently misread what he posted however. Liahona never said he would " boycott DCI shows ". So your reply here of " when you buy a ticket " was irrelevant to what he actually said.

He explicitly and specifically posted above that he would ( his words ) " boycott Corps ". As such, he could " buy a ticket" to DCI shows, attend such shows, and yet still " boycott corps " by ( just one example ) not purchasing their sovies. He also could attend shows, but " boycott corps " by withholding previous financial contributions he might have made to such a corps. Some older alums and/ or fans of the Cadets, for another example of such a " Corps boycott ", have reportedly withdrawn previous long standing annual financial contributions to the Corps as a personal decision of their " Corps boycott " for the 80 year old abandonment of the Corps traditional Corps colors. The fact that some of these alums/ fans might still " buy a ticket " to DCI shows that might even include the Cadets in performance does not diminish the effect of their personal decision of a " Corps boycott " that Liahona is referring to here.... nor its potential cumulative financial effect on the targeted recipient of such a " Corps boycott ".

Edited by BRASSO

You apparently misread what he posted however. Liahona never said he would " boycott DCI shows ". So your reply here of " when you buy a ticket " was irrelevant to what he actually said.

He explicitly and specifically posted above that he would ( his words ) " boycott Corps ". As such, he could " buy a ticket" to DCI shows, attend such shows, and yet still " boycott corps " by ( just one example ) not purchasing their sovies. He also could attend shows, but " boycott corps " by withholding previous financial contributions he might have made to such a corps. Some older alums and/ or fans of the Cadets, for another example of such a " Corps boycott ", have reportedly withdrawn previous long standing annual financial contributions to the Corps as a personal decision of their " Corps boycott " for the 80 year old abandonment of the Corps traditional Corps colors. The fact that some of these alums/ fans might still " buy a ticket " to DCI shows that might even include the Cadets in performance does not diminish the effect of their personal decision of a " Corps boycott " that Liahona is referring to here.... nor its potential cumulative financial effect on the targeted recipient of such a " Corps boycott ".

"Back in the saddle again."