Muppet show

It has been done--in 1980. A local Massachusetts corps, The Malden Diplomats, a Tom Chopelas corps (Malden Ambassadors, Diplomats, East Coast Jazz) did a Muppet themed show with color guard members wearing Kermit, MissPiggy etc. masks. Can't say I remember mu abut the show though I probably saw it, and I don't recal the year. I do know I've seen pictures of it, probably on someone's Facebook page. My guess it could be time for a re-do.

Edited by Tim K

8 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Huh, Ive always thought a Nightmare Before Christmas/ Tim Burton show would be cool, and Academy proved me right this past year. 

DCA's Bushwackers did a good job with "Nightmare Before Christmas" in 1994. They even brought a snowman out with them for the awards ceremony at Finals.  LOL.

And, like you said.... Academy in 2016 with "Corpse Bride."  Outstanding.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Could a corps do a Muppet style show, and still be competitive.

The Cadets played Jingle bells and also had Little Jeffrey...anything is possible!

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, tesmusic said:

I was just introducing my kids to the Muppets the other night, by starting with the 2011 movie, and some other excerpts from their various shows/movies, and it got me thinking. Could a corps do a Muppet style show, and still be competitive.

There is some great music, in the right hands, that would be great, but could also be expanded beyond music specifically within the Muppet catalog. Not to mention the colors, costumes, characters, etc.

There's also so many subtle jokes and innuendos, that are all over.

So my question is, could it be done? Would it be done?

Just a random thought in February.

Actually pitched this idea to Cesario in 2005 and he laughed at me. That's the honest-to-God truth. Not "Muppets", per se, but music from the Muppets. I was completely serious, but he didn't see it the same way.

Also pitched a Mannheim Steamroller show and got shot down on that one, too...which I thought was ridiculous based upon their body of really unique work.

Edited by BigBadMadMan
  • Like 1