Phantom Regiment 2017

How many people liked 2009? I feel like I am the only one. Granted, it didn't score well, and maybe coming off a championship show, it was a let down, but I quite liked that show. Since '12 I have not really been in love with what they have done, but that's just my thought.

08 killed 09 for me. It wasn't a bad show, but I distinctly remember seeing the one girl slap the other, realizing (or at least feeling like) they were going for the same effect as the spear stab the year before, and just thought "really? That's your follow up?"

• Like 1

Um no. 2010,2011,2012 were not in reverse. Am I happy the corps finished in 8th place? No. Am I happy the corps stayed true to it's identity? You bet! I'm glad they didn't go the circus route that many of the corps that finished ahead of them did. If bucking the trend cost them X amount of places....so be it. I'm sure the tide will turn in their favor again.

Its beyond bucking the trend. Even you have to admit that. Why don't we all throw out a blanket statement saying Phantom will do better. Any minimal improvement is an improvement. "You win" that argument.

Fortunately they have a few slots before they hit rock bottom. Even then you'll be a denier.

09 was a great show... musically.

unfortunately it was a visual nightmare.

IMO - the initial show did not appear to be your "visual nightmare."

I have no idea what Phantom was told by judges at the beginning of the season and why they chose the direction they did. However, it was in no means a disaster.

Lets deal in facts...Phantom has been in reverse since 2008. [...] Results are all that matters.

Really? Look, *no one* marches Regiment for a score, or a championship. They've had 2. Unless you did? (guessing by your username you might be an alum?) Do I have criticisms of Regiment's show design some years? Sure. Is that limited to the years since 2008? Not at all. Am I pleased with the performance/caption quality that Regiment consistently brings? Yes. They "feel" like Regiment shows to me, and that's what matters to me.

• Like 2

Its beyond bucking the trend. Even you have to admit that. Why don't we all throw out a blanket statement saying Phantom will do better. Any minimal improvement is an improvement. "You win" that argument.

Fortunately they have a few slots before they hit rock bottom. Even then you'll be a denier.

Oh really,

Really? Look, *no one* marches Regiment for a score, or a championship. They've had 2. Unless you did? (guessing by your username you might be an alum?) Do I have criticisms of Regiment's show design some years? Sure. Is that limited to the years since 2008? Not at all. Am I pleased with the performance/caption quality that Regiment consistently brings? Yes. They "feel" like Regiment shows to me, and that's what matters to me.

It's a little bewildering that people harp on PR for that reason. Most corps would kill to be in a position when a "down" year results in 7th or 8th place.

Apologies for the double post.

• Like 1

You might be right about that given the last few years. I remember back in the day when it mattered if we won or lost.

And shempy the only corps who would kill to be in the 7-8th place position are those below them...and that's not many.

Edited by Phantombari1