Clovis Cauldron

11 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Please stop comparing from one competition to the next, very misleading

For the two shows we can compare the guard scores.  Torchia was judging CG at both!

Ooooops, too slow!

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Just finished watching that BD video. They're hauling it in the first half of the show, lots of traditional drill moments going on, with the second half being more modern BD. 

This is the first BD show where im a bit puzzled on the pacing aspect of the show, but the music is so freaking enjoyable, probably my favorite of the season 

I concur about the pacing. I'd like to see how it'll morph this season. 

I LOVED the traditional beginning. However, I want more drill later in the show or at least more movement. The park n bark ballad with a simple guard feature needs sprucing. Speaking of the guard...I know it's early but that first flag and the ensemble work that goes with it must be immaculate or don't use that flag. You can't have that big of a focal point in the flag's design and not nail it. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jeffe77 said:

Heck of a travel schedule

She wasn't the only repeat judge, but the only one who judged the same caption. 

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

She certainly torched a lot of corps..

Well, I'll admit her reputation isn't the best, but at least her scores are consistent?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Just finished watching that BD video. They're hauling it in the first half of the show, lots of traditional drill moments going on, with the second half being more modern BD. 

This is the first BD show where im a bit puzzled on the pacing aspect of the show, but the music is so freaking enjoyable, probably my favorite of the season 

I'm with you.  I've got some question marks on pacing and the visual program as well but that is a monster corps proficiency wise.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

I concur about the pacing. I'd like to see how it'll morph this season. 

I LOVED the traditional beginning. However, I want more drill later in the show or at least more movement. The park n bark ballad with a simple guard feature needs sprucing. Speaking of the guard...I know it's early but that first flag and the ensemble work that goes with it must be immaculate or don't use that flag. You can't have that big of a focal point in the flag's design and not nail it. 

The ballad will evolve, but I agree with the guard comments.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

Speaking of the guard...I know it's early but that first flag and the ensemble work that goes with it must be immaculate or don't use that flag. You can't have that big of a focal point in the flag's design and not nail it. 

6 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

The ballad will evolve, but I agree with the guard comments.

I'm quite sure TJ will be on that soon enough and making those members work with her usual magic. 

• Like 4