Clovis Cauldron

BD's guard def got a gift of a score when compared to other groups. DIRTY!! If that had been any other corps, they would not have won guard yesterday 

9 minutes ago, DCI-86 said:

BD's guard def got a gift of a score when compared to other groups. DIRTY!! If that had been any other corps, they would not have won guard yesterday 

Here we go.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

Here we go.

XD, the amount of BD hate already is too funny.  If I post anywhere that I liked BD's show even a little bit, I get Bloo's show shoved down my throat.  Solid.

3 hours ago, phd-student-TTU said:

Are the phantomettes in bathing suits?

With the red (masks) hoods they look like they're trying out for 50 shades of grey. (but it's academy that's into bondage this year.)

• Like 1

Wow! After these past two show openers, all I can say is...

East Coast - you're riding shotgun this year.

• Like 2

Thank you to those who posted the two videos of BD and the one of the SCV opener. I'm sure all the corps were fantastic last night. I was in bed at 11pm Eastern Standard Time. :)  Nice to wake up to this.  Not surprised to see Blue Knights come out strong. Academy looks like they did well too, and Mandarins and Pacific Crest. 

As for Blue Devils, I continue to love that show. Seeing it on the field now is neat. Definitely some things they will have to work out. Lots of scatter and chaos in the 2nd half that likely needs worked into some flow (perhaps more drill, staging, character play, etc.).  I really love the music, and those props are nice. Much like the Bluecoats I think BD is able to effectively stage various elements of the show nicely -- and I especially love that trumpet feature about 3/4th of the way through the show. 

I see BD and Bluecoats #1 and #2 in some order as of now.  But boy did SCV program an opener. That a wicked hard brass book, fantastic percussion, and the GE seems to be very high.  The video I saw was situated low, so I did not see much drill or how it worked with the props; but typically you get outstanding drill with SCV.  For now they look to be there with Cavaliers and Crown, but my gut instinct tells me they would have beaten Cavaliers but not Crown. Somewhere in between.  

Shaping up to be a competitive year all throughout the top 12 and beyond.  I will be interested to see what folks on the west coast thought of Phantom Regiment. 

Liked the comments here. Thanks. And I watched the videos - but a little sheepishly. Are we participating in violating copyright? (I thought all the shows had announcements prohibiting video recording.)

Thanks for the nice photos, too.

The corps look great, even if they sport surprising and non-traditional uni. A lot of pre-season angst (and posting time) over nothing.

Tonight is a look at Troopers, Boston, Madison!