Not really in MICHIGAN CITY

funny thing about DCI... sometimes the members know they had a bad show and their score does great things.  And other times they know they absolutely nailed it and the score goes the other way.

I'm sure the kids will be looking back fondly on this cooler weather in a couple weeks, haha.

• Like 1

Just now, soccerguy315 said:

funny thing about DCI... sometimes the members know they had a bad show and their score does great things.  And other times they know they absolutely nailed it and the score goes the other way.

I'm sure the kids will be looking back fondly on this cooler weather in a couple weeks, haha.

At semifinals this winter the kids came off the floor crying saying how it was so bad and ruined the chances of making finals. Our score went up 2 points and we went into finals in like 6th place. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

At semifinals this winter the kids came off the floor crying saying how it was so bad and ruined the chances of making finals. Our score went up 2 points and we went into finals in like 6th place. 

He called home today about a money matter ( or I would have never heard from him! ) and told me from the ballad on he could barely even feel his legs between the cold and the wind. And I very calmly told him this is what he signed up for. To which he replied..."I know...and I wouldn't have it any other way". Kids will take a lot of physical discomfort to do what they really love! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

He called home today about a money matter ( or I would have never heard from him! ) and told me from the ballad on he could barely even feel his legs between the cold and the wind. And I very calmly told him this is what he signed up for. To which he replied..."I know...and I wouldn't have it any other way". Kids will take a lot of physical discomfort to do what they really love! 

My first year at Blinn ( the same year Cam Newton was there and yes I have met him lol) I was apart of a small group in our marching band to travel to Kansas for a junior college national championship. I believe it was in the 30s??? It was a pain for me to play... literally, it hurt after awhile. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Limped off the field after every show to finish my ageout.