• Blue Stars
    • Academy
    • Boston
    • Madison
    • Crossmen
    • Blue Stars
    • Troopers

1 minute ago, drumcorpsfever said:

I agree.  But think back to 2013...  that's what I'm referring to.   But in today's terms, certainly more mainstream.  

I think they've been pretty mainstream since 2007/2008 but I can see the argument for 2013 

• Like 1

What strikes me odd about this thread is the ho-hum appreciation for the Blue Devils as "hipsters".   The OP writes that hipsters, among other things "are pioneers and leaders of the latest cultural trends and ideals".   No one better than BD has led DCI to where it is now.   Perhaps it is because the activity is now only catching up to BD that we have, perhaps, lost some appreciation for how BD has carried the activity forward.  It seems that most others followed, whereas the Blue Devils have led - and continue to lead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drumcorpsfever said:

What strikes me odd about this thread is the ho-hum appreciation for the Blue Devils as "hipsters".   The OP writes that hipsters, among other things "are pioneers and leaders of the latest cultural trends and ideals".   No one better than BD has led DCI to where it is now.   Perhaps it is because the activity is now only catching up to BD that we have, perhaps, lost some appreciation for how BD has carried the activity forward.  It seems that most others followed, whereas the Blue Devils have led - and continue to lead.

I voted for BD. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Maybe because BD really are "pioneers and leaders" whereas hipsters merely see themselves that way.

• Like 4

On 6/29/2017 at 8:07 AM, Model Mellow said:

What young person is aggressive and rigid in the 21st century? That's what makes it DCI hip, it's a throwback.

Plenty. Let's not generalize. 

I voted for Cavaliers personally. Just a very hipster design/arrangement approach the last couple seasons. Probably runner up is Bluecoats IMO

BD might be the hipster "dad" - a senior hipster who has kept themselves current and fresh and in shape

• Like 1