SCV Conundum

17 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

It's pretty standard Gaines drill, which a very small amount of people seem to not care for...

They cover all of the field, but they don't need to do it all of the time.

I think it's a personal taste thing.

I feel that SCV has been a little underscored head to head with BD. SCV does more visually, and it is more coordinated, and they do it just as well as BD.

BD is going to be adding more and more, but they're a visual "?" for me, and this is the least talented guard I've seen from BD in a decade.

BD guard not impressive at all, agreed, but the corps always seems to visually layer as the season progresses so nothing new there. I scratch my head that they get such a pass from judges with so many "coming soon" transitions but I guess they've earned that benefit of the doubt. Still think Bloo is much stronger than BD and I'm waiting for SCV to move me but they usually gel towards end of season so again, they're certainly not off schedule.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cowtown said:

I find BD’s ballad musically lacking.

Are you sure you didn't click mute by accident?   (giving you an out here...)

Edited by BoaDci
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

If I go, I'll be going it alone.  Jim absolutely refuses to go to Boylan again.  

yes, that folding chair seating under the goal posts can be a little too intimate for most show goers.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Don't you have a cat you can take with you :)

Last time I tried taking a cat to a drum corps practice it did not go well. Scratches everywhere. Do not recommend a show unless it is a very mello or possibly dead cat 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Ok, we are going to Rockford now.  I don't know what kind of seats we'll get doing walkup but as always, my motto is....why not? 

You're in for a treat, Phantom's encores are amazing 

• Like 3