South Carolina showdown

1 minute ago, BoaDci said:

OH MY.  Rumors of Crowns death were greatly exaggerated.

And I couldn't be happier! Hopefully they can start winning over some of the critics around here.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, crownisking said:

And I couldn't be happier! Hopefully they can start winning over some of the critics around here.

Most people have them 4th or 5th in their rankings and they just quietly just keep adding and adjusting things to this show and the scores just keep climbing!  LOVE IT!!!!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, crownisking said:

We shall see.  My issues don't seem to be what other people's are and I don't really care about the score.  I get to see it live three times in one week so I will hopefully get a good read on it.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Cadets this close with a whole new closer to add. Things could REALLY change soon. So excited to see where they go!

Just an observation for a brass perspective, Crown's horn line is  playing at a higher level than the Cadets right now. And the difference is quite noticeable. The Cadets are #### good, but they don't seem to have the power that they once did. I think it's going to take a lot of work for that corps to get up to the same level as the Bluecoats Carolina Crown and the Blue Devils. 

And speaking of crowns horn line, I still don't think they are playing at maximum intensity. Matt was talking to the kids about that tonight, and I get the sense that there is still a lot more that they could be pulling out of this line this year. I think last year's line Pete just a little too early, but this year's line still has a ton of Potential and may not realize it by the time they get to Indianapolis. It's going to be fun to watch them grow, and boy do they have a lot of room to grow. That's pretty #### scary.

Edited by Newseditor44
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

We shall see.  My issues don't seem to be what other people's are and I don't really care about the score.  I get to see it live three times in one week so I will hopefully get a good read on it.  

It's no secret that I had my share of concerns when I saw them at ST back in June. But after speaking with someone with a little inside info, I feel confident that the show will make more sense by finals. It still may finish in 4th. I don't know. This feels like the kind of season where the top 4 will be championship worthy. 

2 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Just an observation for a brass perspective, Crown's horn line is  playing at a higher level than the Cadets right now. And the difference is quite noticeable. The Cadets are #### good, but they don't seem to have the power that they once did. I think it's going to take a lot of work for that corps to get up to the same level as the Bluecoats Carolina Crown and the Blue Devils. 

And speaking of crowns horn line, I still don't think they are playing at maximum intensity. Matt was talking to the kids about that tonight, and I get the sense that there is still a lot more that they could be pulling out of this line this year. I think last year's line Pete just a little too early, but this year's line still has a ton of Potential and may not realize it by the time they get to Indianapolis. It's going to be fun to watch them grow, and boy do they have a lot of room to grow. That's pretty #### scary.

I meant for that close to the Cavies... I know they aren't up to Crown's level. They probably won't be at all this season, but that's ok.

• Like 4

Just now, kinetic inferno11 said:

I meant for that close to the Cavies... I know they aren't up to Crown's level. They probably won't be at all this season, but that's ok.

I know better than to count Cadets out though. I've seen too many times what they can do when they have a well designed show. 

• Like 2

about how I expected the scores for tonight, maybe Cadets flip with Cavaliers in Orlando... 

also not to be ignored, a great score for Boston tonight as well!