Emerald City Music Games - Dublin, OH - Jul 31

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I'm thinking all of Ohio.  It will definitely be a refreshing change for me.   Lifelong Chicagoan. 

And don't forget Alexandra, Ky is just a short drive from Cincinnati. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, garfield said:

I gotta tell ya', this was one of the finer things I've done for this little niche.

A total and complete success by a professional, interactive, sensitive, curious, and daring team from the local Fox affiliate this morning.

And a VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU AND KUDOS to Michael Tran the and Seattle Cascades.  They were for-warned and those kids jumped right in at 7:15am to ham it up and put on a great face and show.  Cameron was a GREAT host, and all it took was some enthusiasm and background for him to get a feel how to not let it be "drum-lined".  It helped that the camerman was in band, and that the producer in the news room marched Cadets in the early '90's!  HOW LUCKY WAS THAT!!??

http://myfox28columbus.com/good-day-columbus/around-town/cam-around-town-emerald-city-music-games

If someone can figure out how to post the first vid here, please do.  I have to run.

(Ticket sales were at an all-time high as of this morning.)

Not quite capacity, but close.

Come early.

Wow! I hadn't seen this post before. You're a TV star now!

12 hours ago, xandandl said:

Dear Lord, Please give Garfield the strength and patience to get through this all with a smile. Amen.

He was smiling all night, although it was perhaps a tired, bleary smile. (My seat turned out to be right in front of his.) I saw Kevin--for the first time ever at a show--but I don't think he saw me, and I didn't get a chance to say hello.

7 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Cascades

xl3FoaE.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

I really liked the visual at tthe end, when the guard all have bird wings, and one of them has them standing high atop that cage.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kevingamin said:

I don't know. It's not like we're missing any corps, at least that I know of.

I THINK it's because those food truck lines are LOOOONG.

That's what I heard.

5 hours ago, kevingamin said:

And, yes, for the third corps in a row, we get "Kaleidoscope of Mathematics". It's like "Children of Sanchez" all over again.

I'd love for one of the "Big Loud and Live" hosts to make that observation.

By the way, amazing French horn solo during that section. There's just so much to write about in this [Crossmen] performance.

Except for the first half of the solo, you could barely hear it. Mic wasn't turned on or something. I could hear one of the judges mention this.

"Two households in fair Verona..."

Hi Billy. Write something, will you?

Did I mention that we're producing Shakespeare in Love in September?