DCI South Florida - July 10th

1 minute ago, Liahona said:

Au contraire mon ami...here is a couple for you...ducking now from the FLAMES ...haha   :)

Khaleesi‏ @glidiott

Yooo @bostoncrusaders WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Chrisssy @Cultural_flow  

The @TheCavaliers took me to mars. The @TheCadets took me to church and @bostoncrusaders completely blew me away!

Tweets sweets are far less caloric than candy sweets, so you are serving a vital public health service with these, Liahona.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Happy for Boston but as a Cadets fan more than a little peeved. Cadets need to get their ending on the field and get clean.  I'm admittedly getting frustrated with some of the poor decisions as far as plotting the layout of the show and constructing and teaching it. Can't keep going back and changing things in these short DCI seasons. 

I hear you and understand that frustration completely.  After seeing Boston use up so much time in recent seasons fixing rather than stopping and cleaning, I get what you say.  Makes you want to pull your hair out.  I wish you well and not being snarky, have faith.

• Like 4

Just now, LabMaster said:

I hear you and understand that frustration completely.  After seeing Boston use up so much time in recent seasons fixing rather than stopping and cleaning, I get what you say.  Makes you want to pull your hair out.  I wish you well and not being snarky, have faith.

Agreed. And thanks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I think the important message is to work very hard to get the design right in the winter.  Blue Devils basically layer.  No major changes.  If you're constantly making wholesale changes, the kids will never get completely comfortable. 

Absolutely agree.  You have to get the show to where you are straight up performing; not worrying if you are getting all the changes right.  In speaking with BAC's staff, that is a huge focus (and major difference than past years) in getting the emotional connection first then everything else happens more easily, more organically.  That being said, "easy" is relative.  It still requires lots of hard work. Lots.

Edited by LabMaster
  • Like 3

I believe you have to go all the way back to 1979 to find a show in which the Crusader's outscored the Cadet's. If my memory is correct we beat them every show that year until the D.C.I. prelims where we lost to them by 2 points. Things are looking good for Boston overtaking the Cadet's but they still haven't beaten them as of yet. The Cadet's are a Corps whose history dates back before that of Boston's so they certainly know what it takes to hold off an opponent over the course of a season. Boston has it's work cut out for them but, having said that, they are the Boston Crusader's and they are coming on strong.

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

Au contraire mon ami...here is a couple for you...ducking now from the FLAMES ...haha   :)

Khaleesi‏ @glidiott

Yooo @bostoncrusaders WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Chrisssy @Cultural_flow  

The @TheCavaliers took me to mars. The @TheCadets took me to church and @bostoncrusaders completely blew me away!

best quote tonight: "TIL Boston is Adele".

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

10 minutes ago, Bsader said:

I believe you have to go all the way back to 1979 to find a show in which the Crusader's outscored the Cadet's. If my memory is correct we beat them every show that year until the D.C.I. prelims where we lost to them by 2 points. Things are looking good for Boston overtaking the Cadet's but they still haven't beaten them as of yet. The Cadet's are a Corps whose history dates back before that of Boston's so they certainly know what it takes to hold off an opponent over the course of a season. Boston has it's work cut out for them but, having said that, they are the Boston Crusader's and they are coming on strong.

Cadets, Cavies. and BAC have decades of competition between them, long before DCI,  in which each won over the other two. Great history between them.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Bsader said:

The last time the Boston Crusaders topped the Cadets was on July 7th, 1980 at a show in Hanover, Pa.... 511 head to head competitions ago. Interestingly enough, the Boston Crusaders have never been under a point to the Cadets since that show in 1980 and last nite, (July 10, 2017, in Jupiter, Fl.)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1