Current plot lines !

Will The Academy make it into finals by a hare?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Big picture, I think we all have to feel good for Boston today. I know Cadets fans want to see their corps do well, and in fact they are doing well this year. Great show, I think!  But I remember seeing Bluecoats defeat Cadets, Blue Devils, and Cavaliers for the first time (EVER) and thinking to myself "wow, when in my 1982 youth did I think this would ever happen?" 

It's a great day for Boston fans!!!!

My gut feeling is Bluecoats and Blue Devils will still duke it out for the title. I just feel like SCV and Crown are in the 3rd and 4th slots. 

A little birdie tells me Phantom Regiment is going to make a push. 

As for Boston, I kind of wonder if they can catch Cavaliers. 

Love the Coats, but frankly they don't have enough show to compete for a title. I think it's BD and SCV fighting it out for a title (though it seems clear that BD has the upper hand, even with a still-developing show). Crown executes very well, so I see Coats trying to cling to third place...and I wouldn't bet my paycheck that they'll get there. Soooo hard to repeat as champion. It's all too easy to exhale, now that you're at the top of the mountain. As hard as you try to be as motivated and diligent as you were when you were climbing, reality is that you've "finally made it" and back off just a bit. Same goes with design...you think you've found the magic formula, but you need to resist the temptation to double down on what you won with (see: Crown 2014). I was watching the theater show and about three minutes into Coats' program I said aloud "it's the same exact show, just different music". Not a good sign. Always have to push the envelope and evolve as designers and performers, doubly so after you win that first title. Great organization and kids with Bluecoats, but I think the program is letting them down at this point. Not sure they'll be able to upgrade the program with that giant boat anchor of a prop in the middle of the field. Some neat effects using it, but it splits the field and hogs the focus, no matter what you do.

Edited by BDCorno
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Corpfan said:

Will The Academy make it into finals by a hare?

At this stage, it looks like they might have to pull a rabbit out a hat to do so.

But... they're in the hunt.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

At this stage, it looks like they might have to pull a rabbit out a hat to do so.

But... they're in the hunt.

It's a waskally season!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Feel free to add your own subplots, then tune in for the next exciting chapter of Marching Music's Major League!

BD is apparently so good that they have actually discovered ‘The Ultimate Question’ which has eluded all since the number 42 was revealed as being the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything.  However, according to them the actual question is also too Absurd and DaDa for us uneducated cave dwellers in the audience to understand.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

As for Boston, I kind of wonder if they can catch Cavaliers. 

Yes, I believe they can.  Wouldn't be surprised.  They will be visually tight, GE very good, brass and percussion can play, and the guard pretty darn good.    Overlll, they are hitting on as many cylinders as any of their peer competition - including the Cavies.  

• Like 2

Here's my hot takes:

Mandarins make finals, Madison does not 

Boston stays ahead of Cadets the rest of the season 

BK close in and really pressure Cadets for 7th, lead by their groovy drums

Bloo falls to 4th when the big dogs all start meeting, pushes hard for a late season surge and finishes silver

Crown continues fighting hard for a medal and holds off SCV

BD go undefeated.

All of that could change, but that's how I see the season shaking out from this point in time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

1.  My gut feeling is Bluecoats and Blue Devils will still duke it out for the title. I just feel like SCV and Crown are in the 3rd and 4th slots. 

2.  As for Boston, I kind of wonder if they can catch Cavaliers. 

1.  As stated earlier,  I'm still guessing the BD and SCV for top two.

2.  A .02 win with four weeks to go doesn't guarantee passing another corps up ahead on the ladder.  Last night's second place is still great, but after waiting for decades to see such results, no matter who the big dog is that Waldo beat for one night, has me checking to make sure this took place.  I'm happy for everyone in the IAM family.  May last nights results continue to provide more memorable nights.

Stu - you're showing a lighter side!

So, here's another one . . . .

Will any corps earn a PERFECT CAPTION SCORE at Indy??

Edited by Fred Windish