Baron DeKalb's Regimental Tattoo - NIU 7/15

2 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Yep. They had to cut down on the hornline size, too, which is why they are miked.

Can you tell me more? I didn't see any mics on the horns. is it the mics on poles with fuzzy wind screens? They're mic-ing the brass allnshow?

Just switched over to DATR.  Sound quality is light years better.

• Like 3

Phantom's brass are still having intonation and endurance issues like crazy.  At this point I'm becoming concerned the book is too ambitious for the group to get it there in time.

• Like 5

Except except except the the the announcer announcer announcer is is is echoing echoing echoing!  

At least he sounds alive.  

Just now, FTNK said:

Can you tell me more? I didn't see any mics on the horns. is it the mics on poles with fuzzy wind screens? They're mic-ing the brass allnshow?

This has been discussed a lot recently, but in case you don't know this, there are overhead mics every 20 yards in the front of the field. During their west coast part of tour, this was one of the biggest criticisms, aside from the show being underwhelming and not executed up to par.

• Like 2

Just now, KVG_DC said:

Except except except the the the announcer announcer announcer is is is echoing echoing echoing!  

At least he sounds alive.  

:laughing:

Just now, Cadevilina Crown said:

This has been discussed a lot recently, but in case you don't know this, there are overhead mics every 20 yards in the front of the field. During their west coast part of tour, this was one of the biggest criticisms, aside from the show being underwhelming and not executed up to par.

ahh got it. PR's not a corps I follow intently

• Like 1

I am an old school Phantom Phan and I just don't get they're lack of direction. This is not the corps I grew up with and I am suggesting a new corps director. Ever since 08' they have lost the Phantom sound they're innovative drill and most of all storytelling. I am so sad. :unsure:

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, geluf said:

Phantom's brass are still having intonation and endurance issues like crazy.  At this point I'm becoming concerned the book is too ambitious for the group to get it there in time.

I can see them on the bubble. Which is something I never thought I'd write about Regiment. Not in a million years.

Edited by jimwolf359
  • Like 2