DCI Central Texas, Belton, TX - July 20th

10 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Do open not get a share or is it that much more in world? I like how WGI does it by printing groups during the season if they are showing high enough skills. 

Not that I know of. 

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

Eliminate open and world and base it solely off placement at the end of the season. We already make groupings of 3 for draws so make profit sharing by tier. Incentive to get better year to year to earn more. It's kind of like winning the all star game or moving on into playoffs. 

I'm against this. Normally I would say, let the market rule the income, but the simple fact is, every DCI corps is on the hook for the entire show quality. It does not benefit DCI to have corps losing money but feeling committed to touring a world class tour.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Shocked to see a smaller Pioneer group. Thought they have been on the up side of membership the last couple of years. 

They were bigger in 2015, but their numbers dipped back down last year.

Stupid question.

If you are doing an Irish themed show, shouldn't you use at least one Irish instrument or perform maybe one Irish song?

Edited by MikeRapp

3 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I'm against this. Normally I would say, let the market rule the income, but the simple fact is, every DCI corps is on the hook for the entire show quality. It does not benefit DCI to have corps losing money but feeling committed to touring a world class tour.

They don't have to. At the end of the season you know BDB will beat about 8 world class groups while doing a smaller tour. What if that amount of money from a higher open group beating world's is enough to get them to the world tour? Extra money say for legends, Spartans, or 7th for beating a Pio, surf, or cascades. 

Also it was in another thread people will pay for a ToC show because it's top groups than go to an open class show in their backyard. So if you want to make it into ToC you gotta be top 8 or throne random group. 

Edited by BlueStainGlass

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

They don't have to. At the end of the season you know BDB will beat about 8 world class groups while doing a smaller tour. What if that amount of money from a higher open group beating world's is enough to get them to the world tour? Extra money say for legends, Spartans, or 7th for beating a Pio, surf, or cascades. 

Yeah but let's be honest, the BD machine is a red herring here. No other corps group can support two de facto world class corps. 

I assume that if BD wanted to they could field two World Class corps. They choose not to.

Surf doing a 'from the starting line' variation too